User Tag List

123 Last

Lightbulb Blocking Sperm: Advances

My friends and I had a huge discussion about birth control this weekend.

M who was visiting from China, was telling us that most families there use IUD because of the effectiveness in an environment that mandates family size.

An informal poll among those present revealed most of us aren’t huge fans of condoms (though I AM a fan of preventing unwanted pregnancies and avoiding STD’s so if condoms work for you: whohoo!) and thus, we were fascinated by a scientist friend’s explanation of the potential offered by RISUG.

Vasalgel home - Parsemus Foundation

It’s up to a couple to negotiate who is responsible for birth control, but RISUG may prove to be a great tool for men to have in their arsenal. It: allows for sensation, has minimal side effects (so far) and is easy to reverse (thus far in testing on animals) without prompting the anti-immune response that vasectomy reversal can.

Male Contraceptive Initiative - Non-Profit Organization

This will only go forward with public support, so {if you wish} take a look into it and see what you think? Is it something you are potentially in favour of?

Do you think it’s a good thing for a guy to be responsible for his own birth control? Or do you think that should fall more under the women’s purview?
    Likes Ivy, Cellmold, senza tema, Masokissed liked this post

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

As someone who hates condoms, I support what these scientists are doing. Although it might never come up for me. XD The only downside is that it's injected, which is...kind of painful, or it sounds that way at least. If they could make pads of it that could work better.

As to your question, I don't see why they shouldn't be looking out for it, and the fact of the matter is that you generally want to avoid accidental pregnancy. Why not have two people looking out for it instead of one?
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again
    Likes Cloudpatrol, ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As a side note, how would you be able to tell if the guy was lying?
    Does he get a free "YES I'VE BEEN PLUGGED!" ID card with Smart-Chip(TM) that he can flash when a new lady love needs reassured?

(I mean, the large inequity is that when BC fails, the woman takes the first and direct brunt of it... so typically she makes sure she's on BC if she doesn't want to entertain conception.)

I didn't read all the site. I suppose it wouldn't hurt in any way to ejaculate without it being able to go anywhere? or does fluid creation become minimized over time?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Cloudpatrol, chubber liked this post

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    As a side note, how would you be able to tell if the guy was lying?
    Does he get a free "YES I'VE BEEN PLUGGED!" ID card with Smart-Chip(TM) that he can flash when a new lady love needs reassured?
    The woman buys it herself and makes the guy inject it in front of her.

I didn't read all the site. I suppose it wouldn't hurt in any way to ejaculate without it being able to go anywhere? or does fluid creation become minimized over time?
    I don't think there's much direct experience of the sensations you're referring to, but my guess is no, since it's similar to edging (masturbating and stopping right before you ejaculate) and that never hurt me.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again

One of the reasons I am SO in favour of this method @Totenkindly, is that ejaculation is still possible.

Vasalgel FAQ's - Parsemus Foundation

I don't think there's much direct experience of the sensations you're referring to, but my guess is no, since it's similar to edging (masturbating and stopping right before you ejaculate) and that never hurt me.
    Mmmmm to edging @The Mask but edging with eventual release is amazing and as stated above, this would allow for that.

Senior Member Officer Ed Powell's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

I posted about this months ago. At that time, success rates had been 100% in trials with male gorillas.

Glad people are interested in the topic now, at least.
    chaotic good.

fuck around and find out.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Cellmold, SpankyMcFly liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I posted about this months ago. At that time, success rates had been 100% in trials with male gorillas.

Not sure if it was before my time or I missed it

Love that you valued it enough to post it. I am a bit shocked it isn't more well known! The trials have gone so well, with concerning factors being resolved. It would allow for more sexual freedom and enjoyment while also leaving family options flexible. Win win! (Of course the human trials are still important before declaring it a 'sure thing').

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

This could be potentially revolutionary, if affordable and enough men seek this treatment.

Women have been the limiting factor in reproduction of the species, and therefore in maintaining the ultimate leverage in relationships. Now the tables may be leveled a bit in that regard.
    chaotic good.

Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post

I looked through the threads you've started to merge it with this one and I didn't see any titles that seemed to be on this topic. Feel free to send me a link.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I looked through the threads you've started to merge it with this one and I didn't see any titles that seemed to be on this topic. Feel free to send me a link.
    Was probably in my blog or a semi-off topic rambling in some other thread. I'm not worried about it, the same information has been shared here, so it'd be redundant now.
    chaotic good.