• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blocking Sperm: Advances

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
My friends and I had a huge discussion about birth control this weekend.

M who was visiting from China, was telling us that most families there use IUD because of the effectiveness in an environment that mandates family size.

An informal poll among those present revealed most of us aren’t huge fans of condoms (though I AM a fan of preventing unwanted pregnancies and avoiding STD’s so if condoms work for you: whohoo!) and thus, we were fascinated by a scientist friend’s explanation of the potential offered by RISUG.

Vasalgel home - Parsemus Foundation

It’s up to a couple to negotiate who is responsible for birth control, but RISUG may prove to be a great tool for men to have in their arsenal. It: allows for sensation, has minimal side effects (so far) and is easy to reverse (thus far in testing on animals) without prompting the anti-immune response that vasectomy reversal can.

Male Contraceptive Initiative - Non-Profit Organization

This will only go forward with public support, so {if you wish} take a look into it and see what you think? Is it something you are potentially in favour of?

Do you think it’s a good thing for a guy to be responsible for his own birth control? Or do you think that should fall more under the women’s purview?

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
As someone who hates condoms, I support what these scientists are doing. Although it might never come up for me. XD The only downside is that it's injected, which is...kind of painful, or it sounds that way at least. If they could make pads of it that could work better.

As to your question, I don't see why they shouldn't be looking out for it, and the fact of the matter is that you generally want to avoid accidental pregnancy. Why not have two people looking out for it instead of one?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a side note, how would you be able to tell if the guy was lying?
Does he get a free "YES I'VE BEEN PLUGGED!" ID card with Smart-Chip(TM) that he can flash when a new lady love needs reassured?

(I mean, the large inequity is that when BC fails, the woman takes the first and direct brunt of it... so typically she makes sure she's on BC if she doesn't want to entertain conception.)

I didn't read all the site. I suppose it wouldn't hurt in any way to ejaculate without it being able to go anywhere? or does fluid creation become minimized over time?

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
As a side note, how would you be able to tell if the guy was lying?
Does he get a free "YES I'VE BEEN PLUGGED!" ID card with Smart-Chip(TM) that he can flash when a new lady love needs reassured?

The woman buys it herself and makes the guy inject it in front of her.

I didn't read all the site. I suppose it wouldn't hurt in any way to ejaculate without it being able to go anywhere? or does fluid creation become minimized over time?

I don't think there's much direct experience of the sensations you're referring to, but my guess is no, since it's similar to edging (masturbating and stopping right before you ejaculate) and that never hurt me.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member

One of the reasons I am SO in favour of this method [MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION], is that ejaculation is still possible.

Vasalgel FAQ's - Parsemus Foundation

I don't think there's much direct experience of the sensations you're referring to, but my guess is no, since it's similar to edging (masturbating and stopping right before you ejaculate) and that never hurt me.

Mmmmm to edging [MENTION=26953]The Mask[/MENTION] but edging with eventual release is amazing and as stated above, this would allow for that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I posted about this months ago. At that time, success rates had been 100% in trials with male gorillas.

Glad people are interested in the topic now, at least.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I posted about this months ago. At that time, success rates had been 100% in trials with male gorillas.

Not sure if it was before my time or I missed it :unsure:

Love that you valued it enough to post it. I am a bit shocked it isn't more well known! The trials have gone so well, with concerning factors being resolved. It would allow for more sexual freedom and enjoyment while also leaving family options flexible. Win win! (Of course the human trials are still important before declaring it a 'sure thing').

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This could be potentially revolutionary, if affordable and enough men seek this treatment.

Women have been the limiting factor in reproduction of the species, and therefore in maintaining the ultimate leverage in relationships. Now the tables may be leveled a bit in that regard.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

I looked through the threads you've started to merge it with this one and I didn't see any titles that seemed to be on this topic. Feel free to send me a link.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I looked through the threads you've started to merge it with this one and I didn't see any titles that seemed to be on this topic. Feel free to send me a link.

Was probably in my blog or a semi-off topic rambling in some other thread. I'm not worried about it, the same information has been shared here, so it'd be redundant now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Now I need to read in more detail.

For some reason, I thought this would be injected into the vas deferens, as you don't want to plug up your urethra.
This means snaking a tube up the willy and taking the right turns and somehow not plugging up your bladder by accident in the process.
Plus it has to be flushed out with something new entirely, it's not like you can just pop it out after.

So I didn't get the idea this is something you can do at home. It's like a vasectomy but doesn't involve cutting anything.

EDIT:
"Vasalgel is a polymer hydrogel that is injected into the vas deferens (the tube sperm swim through) and blocks sperm. The quick procedure is similar to No-Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV), except the doctor injects the vas deferens with gel, instead of cutting it. "

There ya go.

Obviously any fluid that is added after that point in the channel will be ejaculated.

... now I'm wondering what sick uses people will make of black-market vasalgel.
Or how the mafia might use it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

For some reason, I thought this would be injected into the vas deferens, as you don't want to plug up your urethra.
This means snaking a tube up the willy and taking the right turns and somehow not plugging up your bladder by accident in the process.
Plus it has to be flushed out with something new entirely, it's not like you can just pop it out after.

So I didn't get the idea this is something you can do at home. It's like a vasectomy but doesn't involve cutting anything.

Probably easier to just DIY at home with some scissors.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kinky. Although I don't think that is necessary to ask someone to inject it in front of me. I wouldn't require anyone to show me they take their BC. You can take yours, I'll take mine.

I don't see why more men don't take matters of BC into their own hands (no pun intended) as some complain about the unfairness of women manipulating them for child support and faking pregnancies. This is a great way to gain some self-responsibilty.

BC is everyone's responsibility and I'm all for more access of options for both sexes.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kinky. Although I don't think that is necessary to ask someone to inject it in front of me. I wouldn't require anyone to show me they take their BC. You can take yours, I'll take mine.

I don't see why more men don't take matters of BC into their own hands (no pun intended) as some complain about the unfairness of women manipulating them for child support and faking pregnancies. This is a great way to gain some self-responsibilty.

BC is everyone's responsibility and I'm all for more access of options for both sexes.

It's just those stupid MRA whiners. Carnell Smith.

mgtow be like yaaas please give us more male birth control options

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP

EDIT:
"Vasalgel is a polymer hydrogel that is injected into the vas deferens (the tube sperm swim through) and blocks sperm. The quick procedure is similar to No-Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV), except the doctor injects the vas deferens with gel, instead of cutting it. "

There ya go.

Obviously any fluid that is added after that point in the channel will be ejaculated.

... now I'm wondering what sick uses people will make of black-market vasalgel.
Or how the mafia might use it.

You're right, but the woman can still attend when he gets that done by a legitimate doctor.

Or, failing that, the doctor can give them a certificate.

...actually, you could probably use that on the larynx to pretty devastating effect, though. XD

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well, there is some validity to that when condoms are problematic. (In terms of pregnancy/active sex life where disease is not the factor in BC) More options are always good.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Male Birth Control by
1. Hedge clipper
2. Quick-Dry cement
3. Basket-weave knot
4. Spring clip
5. Sewing machine
6. Retractable pit bull
7. Wood putty
8. Sparklers
9. Duct tape (the miracle tool)
10. Kevlar sock

... my mind is just brimming with ideas!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Male Birth Control by
1. Hedge clipper
2. Quick-Dry cement
3. Basket-weave knot
4. Spring clip
5. Sewing machine
6. Retractable pit bull
7. Wood putty
8. Sparklers
9. Duct tape (the miracle tool)
10. Kevlar sock

... my mind is just brimming with ideas!

Car battery works too.

Or 10 hours in an ice water bath.