User Tag List

Default Affordable home robot

Asus aims for the heart of the home with cute do-it-all robot

This robot will only retail for $600 US dollars. It seems to make sense for the elderly or just to consolidate interfaces within your home and better yet it is affordable.

Plus it's an adorable robot. Any thoughts? Concerns? Would you purchase this?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I'd buy Rosie for $600

Likes Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Yes, i think the most frequent use in peoples homes would be "zenbo, turn on the tv, i lost the remote again, after that find the remote."

My dads use would be "zenbo, cycle through the channels randomly" and if my mom is watching to "make sure you change it when the music sounds like something critical is gonna happen."
    Im out, its been fun

yeeearrrraaarrrghhhaaarrr asynartetic's Avatar

August 29, 1997. This is it, folks.

Will Smith and Keanu Reeves, where you at when we need you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Asus aims for the heart of the home with cute do-it-all robot

This robot will only retail for $600 US dollars. It seems to make sense for the elderly or just to consolidate interfaces within your home and better yet it is affordable.

Plus it's an adorable robot. Any thoughts? Concerns? Would you purchase this?
    Nope. It's not nearly useful enough. When there is a robot that will clean house, do laundry, and do simple food preparation I might consider it. Sort of like a mechanical house elf.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

It's a good start. It'd be even better if it had arms and could help seniors carry groceries, push the shopping cart, and help lift seniors out of bed or a chair. A robot will be considered a necessity for many seniors once it can perform basic tasks like getting mail, taking out the garbage or getting the comforter from a shelf, and opening a jar of food.
    Dear law enforcement community:

When you are confronted with a mass shooting suspect, just shoot the guy in the head and make sure he's dead; you'd be saving us taxpayers a lot of money.
    Likes iwakar liked this post

Cool.

The only thing that worries me about technology today is big data, though, and this robot seems to like it could be used to record user information and collect the data. That annoys me.