• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A buttload of new planets has been discovered:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I would appreciate it if headlines were titled like that

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps now we will finally meet our alien overlords.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, 1,284? I thought it wasn't going to be very many because how many planets can fit into a butt? It turned out to be more than I imagined.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, 1,284? I thought it wasn't going to be very many because how many planets can fit into a butt? It turned out to be more than I imagined.

Maybe some tiny microasteroids could fit into an actual butt, perhaps? An alternative explanation is that there is a cosmic butt out there, and all the planets fit inside. Perhaps the universe is actually shaped like a giant butt.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An alternative explanation is that there is a cosmic butt out there, and all the planets fit inside. Perhaps the universe is actually shaped like a giant butt.

I don't find this difficult to believe. It seems fitting, somehow.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Maybe some tiny microasteroids could fit into an actual butt, perhaps? An alternative explanation is that there is a cosmic butt out there, and all the planets fit inside. Perhaps the universe is actually shaped like a giant butt.

Why mundane fears like global pandemics, nuclear war...when a huge 'cosmic fart' could wipe out all life in a picosecond? :whistling:

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very interesting. Thanks for posting. :cheers:

And this marks post #500 for me.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would appreciate it if headlines were titled like that

You mean you dont like..."you will be so giddy, you will wanna slap yo mama once you see what we found right outside our solar system."

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wonder what they'll find tomorrow. 1024 or 386 or nah probably only 1998 more

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=4660]Osprey[/MENTION] interesting usage of the word "chunk" only 9 it says are habitable, which is still an optimism to have hope for.

Will we ever be able to colonize to another Earth?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4660]Osprey[/MENTION] interesting usage of the word "chunk" only 9 it says are habitable, which is still an optimism to have hope for.

I've read higher estimates in other articles. I'm not sure which one is more correct; I'm not knowledgeable enough about the science behind it to know which is the better figure.

I think 9 is a pretty high number, myself.