• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mixing human and animal DNA

sade

Sure, that sounds interesting.
Besides we're already going to that kind of direction, by using plasmids from bacteria and viral vectors (at least studying their uses).. If it'll improve the quality of life or health or has some other benificial uses, then why not?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Street Sharks, Extreme Dinosaurs...

STREET SHARKS!!!

i feel like i have just awoken from amnesia! I LOVED MY STREET SHARKS ACTION FIGURE!!! which is strange, because i never actaully saw the show, i just wanted the toy when i saw it hahaha. how i remember all this, i have no idea :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pigmen?

07420_125735_117248.jpg

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How could anyone take this question seriously?

In the lab, we mix bacterial DNA with um, DNA from most species including human DNA. It's called cloning and recombinant DNA technology. Insulin is mass-produced from a human/bacterial DNA hybrid.

Regular molecular biology utilises hybrids to study the properties of proteins. I have colleagues who work on linking GFP (green fluorescent protein, from jellyfish) to human proteins within bacterial cells to study their localisation. It's been done for decades. That doesn't mean that a jellyfish/human hybrid will be born, it's completely ludicrous.

sade

How could anyone take this question seriously?

In the lab, we mix bacterial DNA with um, DNA from most species including human DNA. It's called cloning and recombinant DNA technology. Insulin is mass-produced from a human/bacterial DNA hybrid.

Regular molecular biology utilises hybrids to study the properties of proteins. I have colleagues who work on linking GFP (green fluorescent protein, from jellyfish) to human proteins within bacterial cells to study their localisation. It's been done for decades. That doesn't mean that a jellyfish/human hybrid will be born, it's completely ludicrous.

... Now you spoiled all the fun.
But seriously, sometimes I wonder how some seem to think that making human-animal hybrids is the goal or other crazy experiments, when what you stated holds the thruth. It's a shame that having some basics of molechular biology isn't mandatory in schools. (To atleast give some insight..)