• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

study finds visible clues to ovulation

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
That's really interesting and doesn't surprise me one bit. I know for myself, when I'm ovulating, I wake up feeling like a goddess and my confidence levels are through the roof (even if I'm not always aware why or what's causing it right away), so no doubt others would be able to pick up on that. It's kind of funny other women would find it threatening though lol.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's really interesting and doesn't surprise me one bit. I know for myself, when I'm ovulating, I wake up feeling like a goddess and my confidence levels are through the roof (even if I'm not always aware why or what's causing it right away), so no doubt others would be able to pick up on that. It's kind of funny other women would find it threatening though lol.

It all makes perfect sense. Men are pulled to ovulating women, whether their partners or not. And since they can impregnate them all (in theory, of course, though some NBA players seem to have tried to populate the Earth by themselves), they are drawn to them and biology works its magic.

And for women, they need to protect their territory, instinctively. Other women are threatening to their turf.

It really stands on its head those who think men and women are basically identical and should act the same. The basic biological differences shape us so much, independent of our conscious desires. And we often think we are acting rationally, when we are acting purely biologically.

I always did find it fascinating that women who work together tend to cycle together once they had been together long enough. It is as if our bodies pick up these signals and start enacting changes and we are unaware of the it.

Ultimately, I think we are just still very ignorant of the true capabilities of the human mind and body and have a very long way to go until we are really enlightened.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

i dunno if it's when i'm ovulating or just random time of the month but i usually crave food that makes me sick either because it actually gives me a stomach ache (like milk based foods) or the texture its self makes me throw up.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
It all makes perfect sense. Men are pulled to ovulating women, whether their partners or not. And since they can impregnate them all (in theory, of course, though some NBA players seem to have tried to populate the Earth by themselves), they are drawn to them and biology works its magic.

And for women, they need to protect their territory, instinctively. Other women are threatening to their turf.

It really stands on its head those who think men and women are basically identical and should act the same. The basic biological differences shape us so much, independent of our conscious desires. And we often think we are acting rationally, when we are acting purely biologically.

I always did find it fascinating that women who work together tend to cycle together once they had been together long enough. It is as if our bodies pick up these signals and start enacting changes and we are unaware of the it.

Ultimately, I think we are just still very ignorant of the true capabilities of the human mind and body and have a very long way to go until we are really enlightened.
Hahaha or rappers, don't forget about their attempts to have as many babies as possible!

I agree with you. Inherently we function quite different and there's no point in trying to say we're equal. We should have similar opportunities for sure, but equality to me implies sameness and we don't really have that. Like you said, biology in itself sets a pretty different standard and there's no point in fighting it.

It's a really strange phenomenon (the in sync cycle) but maybe it's what levels out the playing field to some degree, so we're not all on the prowl at the same time?

Here's another neat article that sort of relates, talking about how women prefer different types of men during different parts of the cycle.

i dunno if it's when i'm ovulating or just random time of the month but i usually crave food that makes me sick either because it actually gives me a stomach ache (like milk based foods) or the texture its self makes me throw up.
Is it time of the month specific? I find I do eat more when I'm ovulating, but maybe it's because my body is trying to build itself up for babies. :shock:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Is it time of the month specific? I find I do eat more when I'm ovulating, but maybe it's because my body is trying to build itself up for babies. :shock:

yes. that's my theory as well, its like oh you want babies and my brain is like no and it's like yes you do, i'll start preparing for baby and my brain is just :doh: it's like that stubborn old person that insists you like asparagus even though you can't stand it and finally your like fine i like asparagus just to get them to shut tup.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's another neat article that sort of relates, talking about how women prefer different types of men during different parts of the cycle.

Maybe that's why the wife likes it when I'm bearded and slightly unkempt. However, when we were dating/courting, I was much more...I don't want to say metro, but very clean shaven and better groomed (although I've always erred on the side of shaggy and unwashed), probably more cute in a boyish way than in a manly butch way, at the time.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha or rappers, don't forget about their attempts to have as many babies as possible!

Judge, it is my biological urge, I can't help myself! defense.....

I agree with you. Inherently we function quite different and there's no point in trying to say we're equal. We should have similar opportunities for sure, but equality to me implies sameness and we don't really have that. Like you said, biology in itself sets a pretty different standard and there's no point in fighting it.
Right. Only my embracing certain uncomfortable truths about things life biology can we actually free ourselves from these issues. As long as we pretend we are above all of this, we will act without violation.

It's a really strange phenomenon (the in sync cycle) but maybe it's what levels out the playing field to some degree, so we're not all on the prowl at the same time?

Yes, it is fascinating. How is a poor guy supposed to be all these different types for his SO? He needs to adapt constantly, and most likely will still screw it up, lol....

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
yes. that's my theory as well, its like oh you want babies and my brain is like no and it's like yes you do, i'll start preparing for baby and my brain is just :doh: it's like that stubborn old person that insists you like asparagus even though you can't stand it and finally your like fine i like asparagus just to get them to shut tup.
This uterus is getting ready for babies whether you like it or not! :mad:
(That's our bodies.)
Maybe that's why the wife likes it when I'm bearded and slightly unkempt. However, when we were dating/courting, I was much more...I don't want to say metro, but very clean shaven and better groomed (although I've always erred on the side of shaggy and unwashed), probably more cute in a boyish way than in a manly butch way, at the time.
After I read that article I can say I for sure agree with the findings, and have seen it in other women as well. I was always confused why at times I find men that are well groomed attractive, while at other times I like manly guys, but this now makes sense. Damn biology...

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Judge, it is my biological urge, I can't help myself! defense.....
Hahaha it is a fair argument though, even if it sucks for the other person (people).
Right. Only my embracing certain uncomfortable truths about things life biology can we actually free ourselves from these issues. As long as we pretend we are above all of this, we will act without violation.
I think we're a little too caught up in eradicating or at least completely denying what nature has given us, hence why I see male female relationships becoming such an awkward thing. There is nothing wrong with people accepting a degree of that biology (obviously we're not animals here but still), especially not when it isn't harmful to others. Unfortunately the PC police are always there to smack people down for even mentioning that maybe, potentially there are some differences between men and women, because god forbid that's sexist?
Yes, it is fascinating. How is a poor guy supposed to be all these different types for his SO? He needs to adapt constantly, and most likely will still screw it up, lol....
Lol sometimes I think men can never really win with us and I truly feel sorry for them, even though I'm part of the problem lol.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems some people cannot get over their nostalgia for cave man days.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Ovulation is a myth :coffee:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

So when I get this it must be ovulation by association.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"study finds visible clues to americans having a brain" :happy2:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

About threatening, do you find other women becoming "catty" with you?

Starry

I'd have to look at the original study to see if meaning was compromised when converting the findings into layman's terms or if a subsequent author(s) actually took liberty when presenting the findings... But while it's been scientifically debated for sometime now whether women are significantly "more attractive" when ovulating or merely "less attractive" when bloated, tired and menstruating...

It seems like bad science to conclude ovulating women are more threatening to other women based on the measures presented in the article. If the question is "which female is more likely to steal your man"...I'm assuming most women would choose the photograph of the more bright-eyed, fresh-looking female that didn't down an entire pint of ice cream the night before. This says absolutely nothing with regards to actual feelings of being threatened in anyway and it's ridiculous to make such a leap.

**this is what happens when the cosmetic industry funds research

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Scientists are just now figuring this out? They need to get out of the lab more. I've known this since shortly after puberty. :doh:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Scientists are just now figuring this out? They need to get out of the lab more. I've known this since shortly after puberty. :doh:
If the people "out there" are reverting to cave man behavior, I'll stay put - thanks.