• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lightning Strike Survivor Stories Shared By the NOAA-NWS

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Each time we have extreme weather here in Greater Houston, I receive emails (that I signed up for) from the Regional Joint Information Center. In every email, they provide links at the end to their touted safety slogans: one of them is "When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors," which links readers to the NOAA-NWS Lightning Safety page -- "Lightning Strike Survivor Stories." This has made for some very interesting reading. I should really click on these mystery links more often.

One person claims to have been struck 3 times. Is there something to that? A real-life Powder?

Also astonishing, is the reported medical impacts of the survivors.

I'm not sure if they're just outright liars, fanciful hypochondriacs, or if the electrical impulses actually augmented their brain and they are interpreting their augmented faculties as psychic phenomena... this could be a fascinating study. It got me wondering if one day, I was struck by calamity in some form after a lifetime of familiarity with my own mental patterns... and my brain was radically altered... and suddenly Ne or Si was unlocked, would I interpret these newfound processes as extra-ordinary?

Thoughts?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know, but I absolutely do think calamity and certain hardships can and will force change in a persons' perception and functioning -- by necessity. I mean, certain neural routes in our brains DO become pretty set in stone over time; it IS possible to change those routes, though. I think overcoming crises is one way that can happen - if the alternative is dying (literally) or giving up on life (figuratively). That's just more 'commonplace' events / crises. With lightning - I have to believe having that much electricity shooting through your body WILL do something to your brain -- in my mind, I think, how could it not?? I suppose if things are radically altered, it could seem like getting new 'powers' -- because, ones' brain is functioning very differently than before. Picking up on things one didn't before, thinking about things one didn't before, and so on.