• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Office 365 and Drop Box

redpilot

So how many of you guys are using Office 365 and Drop Box at the office? I am not a fan of both coz I read several info that it's not 100% safe to use but it's our General Manager's decision...so what else can we do? :dry: Anyway, we are looking for possible ways to get a full protection for all our confidential files and important data. I know there are a lot of IT companies who can do this but we are checking on other possible ways which will not hurt our company's budget. If we will end up with no other choice...then we want to look for a firm with great knowledge and experience with office 365 and drop box in particular. Your suggestions will surely be appreciated. Thanks and have a good day to all!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A community organization I volunteer with uses Dropbox, but only to exchange photos of public events so we don't overload people's email inboxes with photo attachments. We are well aware of the security limitations of these services (well, at least they were once I informed them), so post only low-sensitivity material there.

I use SpiderOak for personal cloud storage. It is supposed to be more secure since the data are encrypted before being sent to the server but still, I am selective about what I store there. I'm sure there are still some weaknesses, but it seems at least more secure than Dropbox. I don't know anything about Office 365.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use Office 365 for my business.

Can't speak about it's security, though we've never had issues with security. The only issue I've had is with Microsoft's ActiveSync nonsense being really slow or not syncing things properly so emails come in very slowly (which is why we switched to Gmail for email and calendar). Now we just use OneDrive for cloud storage and Office 365 for it's software. I would LOVE to make use of it's business features but when all of my employees are as computer illiterate as they are...that's not going to happen.

So I would recommend Google if at all possible, but Office 365 isn't bad...just not great.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The general trend in tech is to go with GMail and Dropbox or also Drive. Mail has a much better interface and tools and is more accessible than 365, although 365's web interface isn't all that bad. Although bigger and more traditional companies prefer Microsoft products because it gives them more control and they know where the data is.

redpilot

We're thinking about using Office 365 together with Netskope for better security. We're not entirely sure for now. This suggestion was made by one of our employees and we've yet to schedule an appointment with a consultant much less contact Netskope.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Get some private cloud server(located at the work place and not accessible outside) that has all the confidental files if its enough that people can only access them when at work? Ofc you could firewall it properly and let people acess it elsewhere as well, but that kinda leaves a vulnerability if people cant handle security and download malware etc to their computers.