• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Study: Couples who smoke marijuana are less likely to engage in domestic violence

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Study: Couples who smoke marijuana are less likely to engage in domestic violence - The Washington Post

Study: Couples who smoke marijuana are less likely to engage in domestic violence

By Christopher Ingraham August 26, 2014

Marital marijuana?

A new study by researchers at the University of Buffalo finds a significantly lower incidence of domestic violence among married couples who smoke pot. "Couples in which both spouses used marijuana frequently reported the least frequent IPV [intimate partner violence] perpetration," the study concludes.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I totally believe this. The couples I know that smoke regularly, all they want to do is sleep and eat. I can't imagine them getting violent about anything.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I totally believe this. The couples I know that smoke regularly, all they want to do is sleep and eat. I can't imagine them getting violent about anything.

I smoke and so have a lot of my partners. We do a lot more than sleep and eat, but fight violently is something I've never done with a SO.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I smoke occasionally, my husband smokes more often. We do love to sleep and eat, but we do other shit too, and abhor violence. This seems like a demographic thing moreso than the effect of a drug (e.g. people who are already peaceniks are more likely to also smoke weed).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i don't see why they needed a study for this. this is just common knowledge.

stuff like this makes me wish i could smoke weed, but after the 3rd or 4th regular smoke session things get really bad for me. and instead of having fun i'm terrified but i'm also not violent because i'm to terrified to react to things i'm paranoid about and usually go somewhere alone and freak out.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is also an interesting contrast to excessive alcohol which can be a catalyst for abuse before it makes people sleepy.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No way.

I don't believe it.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am shocked, I tell you! Shocked! :shock:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohhh....ohhh...so that's why he offered me that when the music didn't work...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yah, most pot is ok... unless it is cut/sprayed with something else... or is some super hybrid enhanced to mess you up. I have seen people act like crack heads over Skunk. True story.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
last night I smoked with my boyfriend and wrestled (physically assaulted) him. therefore this study is total bullshit.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Emotional connection could be sooner or later broken if one smokes and the other doesn't. Personal experience.

If the two smoke, there is the chemistry working well. But...maybe it's just an illusion...

Beware :sage: Of course it does not only depend on smoking or not smoking.