• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Limes against eternity xD

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ok, one for you. If you already know the solution, do not spoil it. If you have found it out by yourself, you can post it via this one:

Optimath - Formeleditor f

Just have to click on "Erzeugen"(Create) and then you can right click the formula, it is an image. You can get its URL via properties and post that as an image here.

--------

The question is, what is the solution to:

mprender.png

Maybe an easy one, maybe not, Good luck tho ! :)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
? I don't see the formula anywhere on the page.??? Or am I looking for the answer?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There may be problems with the image. I downloaded it and uploaded it on imagehost.

Do you see it now ?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lim [1 + 1/n]^n ?
n-> oo

(1?)

This is cool. I used to have to type out math problems on Microsoft Word trying to find the symbols and line them up using different font sizes. :cry:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That is a good start ! But 1 isn't the result. I give you a hint, try the sentence of L'Hospital.

CAVQIHBN.png

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ok then, I see I have more fun with this than anyone, I will solve it:

CASTIBS5.png

ygolo

My termites win
You and I would be great friends in real life entropie. :D

Just to add onto the point...

One can interpret what is happening is the limit of model for "growth" through compounding split over n periods.

If n=2, (1.5)^2=2.25
If n=3, (1.333...)^3= 2.370370...
If n=4, (1.25)^4=2.44140625 (and change)
So you can interpret e as the result instantaneous compounding done by splitting the growth into infinitely small compoundings split over infinite number of times.