• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Dreadful Logic Puzzle

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
puzzle_zpshnneb0sc.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on the progressions of the external lines + the progressions of the lines touching the dot, I think it's 2 as well.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait, I see the pattern and its categories, it is 2 in fact.

Kas

Fabula rasa

á´…eparted

passages
I think it's 2 as well. I can't see any pattern/progression (but I got frustrated and didn't look for more than a few minutes) but came to the conclusion based on the consistency of vertical lines in each of the three columns. Based off that, the fact that you can eliminate 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7 based off too many lines counted in linear and angled orientations, leaving 2, 5, and 8 as the only options, 2 is the only one that fits the linear lines (the left always has one down, the middle has one always up, the right must have both one up and one down). In essence I didn't even need to look at the angled lines except for a basic count of them.

I could be wrong though, my "logic" is rarely what it's supposed to be, even if it "works".

Edit: Ok now I see the pattern. Going across the rows, the angled lines are only preserved in the last image if they appear in the same location in the first two images. Where as, the linear lines appear if they appear by itself (if it appears in the same location in both images it dissapears). Aka: For rows, angle line duplications are preserved, linear duplications vanish. Going down columns this is inverted (angled line duplications vanish, linear duplications are preserved).

This would not be the first time I got the answer for something, had "strange and incomplete" logic, and then later on came to see the full logic/pattern. I never think in a straight line. As I like to put it "I don't think from A>B>C, I think A>Q>fish :alttongue:".

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think it's 2 as well. I can't see any pattern/progression (but I got frustrated and didn't look for more than a few minutes) but came to the conclusion based on the consistency of vertical lines in each of the three columns. Based off that, the fact that you can eliminate 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7 based off too many lines counted in linear and angled orientations, leaving 2, 5, and 8 as the only options, 2 is the only one that fits the linear lines (the left always has one down, the middle has one always up, the right must have both one up and one down). In essence I didn't even need to look at the angled lines except for a basic count of them.

I could be wrong though, my "logic" is rarely what it's supposed to be, even if it "works".

Edit: Ok now I see the pattern. Going across the rows, the angled lines are only preserved in the last image if they appear in the same location in the first two images. Where as, the linear lines appear if they appear by itself (if it appears in the same location in both images it dissapears). Aka: For rows, angle line duplications are preserved, linear duplications vanish. Going down columns this is inverted (angled line duplications vanish, linear duplications are preserved).

This would not be the first time I got the answer for something, had "strange and incomplete" logic, and then later on came to see the full logic/pattern. I never think in a straight line. As I like to put it "I don't think from A>B>C, I think A>Q>fish :alttongue:".

Ah shit, now you've said that I see what you mean.

2 it is. I'm terribadshithorrible at these. But patterns aren't my game.

Kas

Fabula rasa

Funny how differently we solve things. I noticed the same one pattern ( as vanishing duplications) just in two directions. Outside lines (angled) vertically and ones that are inside ( horizontally) so I got the result, but I haven't seen both pattern as disappearing one types of duplicated lines and preserving the other type in colums/rows.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This would not be the first time I got the answer for something, had "strange and incomplete" logic, and then later on came to see the full logic/pattern.
Same. Happens to me all. The. Time.

Mentally noted 2 at first. It didn't feel like a stab in the dark or a random guess, but it didn't feel like a complete answer, either. I compulsively check my own work, and so I searched for a solid rationale.

I tried all sorts of shit mentally. "Okay, we've got 8 potential lines; do they toggle back and forth as we proceed across rows and columns or something? Do some toggle while others don't? Are all of the rows independent, or are we also concerned about all 9 figures at once?" I don't know if I traced it down to complete step-by-step logic, but I did come up with multiple 'clues' that corroborated 2. Decided that was "good enough" and decided on 2.

I did some digging (well, reverse Google Image search) and found..

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3 but then I think it is 6. I'm sticking with 6. I'm wrong anyway for first picking 3.

Last edited:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Samesies!

The only thing that I thought when I saw this was "do not want."

Great minds, etc.

Haha, yes!

I used to feel bad or stupid for being disinterested in that kind of thing, but I embrace it now. Maybe if it were attempting to solve a real problem.../tert Te

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Any piece of the outern pattern is expressed exactly 2 or 0 times when counted vertically, and exactly 1 or 3 times when counted horizontally.
Any piece of the inner pattern is expressed exactly 2 or 0 times when counted horizontally, and exactly 1 or 3 times when counter vertically.

Assuming these rules hold globablly, the only possible figure that satisfies these constraints is number 2.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anybody want me to post another one like that?

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I thought that there were 2 likely answers based upon the 3 most obvious patterns that result from overlaying the two previous symbols.

The right vertical column would lead me to speculate #2 would be the next symbol in the sequence.
The bottom row would lead me to speculate that #2 ought to be the next symbol in the sequence.
However the diagonal pattern from top left corner to the bottom right corner, caused me to consider that #6 ought to be the next symbol within the sequence.

Overlaying the top center symbol upon the left symbol of the center row might also suggest #6, but that's a minor pattern that doesn't terminate in an unknown symbol,

Going with the odds, it's more logical to conclude (2:1 probability) that #2 is more likely the next symbol in the sequence.