• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many WPM can you type?

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
H99wTAp.png

104 WPM. And ladies, typing is not the only activity my fingers excel at.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 4.20.13.jpg

I average over 110 on a regular keyboard... but seem to be slower on a macbook.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I just noticed that I can pick language. So in my native... 44.

I believe that you all are really machines.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My record was somewhere in the 90's but on those tests I average in the 80's.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
75 correct on this lenovo notebook.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This typing test can tell you how many words per minute you can type.

So? What's the verdict?

I can type 109 words per minute. :D

[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] Nice.
86 on first try. 88 on second,

96 on third and last.
You are better than 97.33% of all users (position 4089 of 153169 - last 24 hours)
1 wrong word

it's very confusing to type words that don't seem to have any logical connection between each other. My brain was like 'wtf'

However as it's standardized (noone gets special treatment) it's fair. Of course the thread results are 'biased' ie: people with higher typing ability are more likely to report their results, also people who feel they are 'below' the 'average' of reported WPM will tend to take the test more often than others perhaps? Though not sure on that last point as high scores might also encourage people to 'try more to see how far they can go'. Also we're all big nerds here. :laugh:

here if anyone is interested in fun facts:
http://orbitouch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Average-OrbiTouch-Typing-Speed.pdf

á´…eparted

passages
75 wpm

Considering I type with only two fingers, this pretty quick.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
75 wpm

Considering I type with only two fingers, this pretty quick.

They did that with me and holding the pencil. They put the little gum holders on my pencil to force me to write "normally," but I just pushed them up. I hold it with all four fingers and my thumb on the other side. People say I write like a lefty, even though I'm not.

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
150 WPM was my record on that website, but it was in Dutch though. It is around 130 WPM in English on average.

á´…eparted

passages
They did that with me and holding the pencil. They put the little gum holders on my pencil to force me to write "normally," but I just pushed them up. I hold it with all four fingers and my thumb on the other side. People say I write like a lefty, even though I'm not.

I had very similar. They gave me the hold thingy for pencils when I was in 3rd grade because I held it wrong (though different from you), and it resulted in my hand becoming tired. I used it for a year and eventually learned to hold it right.

Kas

Fabula rasa

I figured out that I hold pensil different way because one of these things. I tried to hold it like everyone else but it's uncomfortable, so I gave up:shrug: