• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is going to take out humans?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lack of oxygen because of pollution of CO2.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We're doing a pretty awesome job of taking ourselves out.

I believe we're already in the early stages of the next great mass extinction. Would I blame it on humans? Not completely, but we are accelerating the fuck out of it.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah it would make sense to me that obviously we are heading towards extinction. Obviously things age, move foreward, and progress natually, with-that meaning for humans and all other living things in general, death. Whether it is in a billion years or 5 years, the end will come, time (at least as I know of it now), cannot move backwards. So yeah, we can delay the inevitable for so long, and who knows maybe possibly one day we will find means of challenging it, but wow that would be hard. It would be a giant man vs time battle. Everytime something extreme would be thrown at us, we would have to fight to try to find some sort of way to just keep up. We would have to step with the fight for necessity and we would never be able to stumble. Our planet is threatened, we have to find an alternative, once that alternative is threatened we have to find another alternative, guess it just matters if alternatives are limited or no or if we can infinately evolve our means fast enough to keep up.

Anyways, yeah fantabulous stories aside (as they could for sure happen), it will probably come from some sort of combination of environmental factors, or threats- which human impact is only helping to rapidly depreciate. But really itll end up being because of incapability.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're going to make Jurassic Park happen for real. This probably speeds up the sixth extinction.

You know what? That's an apocalyptic scenario I'd be down with.

If me and everyone I care about is going to die, it might as well be by becoming dinosaur treats. It seems much better than every other scenario I can think of.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know what? That's an apocalyptic scenario I'd be down with.

If me and everyone I care about is going to die, it might as well be by becoming dinosaur treats. It seems much better than every other scenario I can think of.

Let's hope! *fingers crossed*

Mane

Permabanned
We were talking about this in vent a few weeks ago...

Our current system requires making non extinction profitable. Unfortunately It might not be:
The only scenario in which non extinction seems possible is through redundancy in habitats - bringing humanity too far enough distances so that what ever catastrophe would inflict one will spare the other. Except the cost of traveling per kg makes it practically impossible for any resource brought back to make the trip worth it, at least once things such as "Sand bottles from mars" loose their novelty value. This means that we can't really make it worthwhile the same way our colonial day empires did when the distance was just crossing continents.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We were talking about this in vent a few weeks ago...

Our current system requires making non extinction profitable. Unfortunately It might not be:
The only scenario in which non extinction seems possible is through redundancy in habitats - bringing humanity too far enough distances so that what ever catastrophe would inflict one will spare the other. Except the cost of traveling per kg makes it practically impossible for any resource brought back to make the trip worth it, at least once things such as "Sand bottles from mars" loose their novelty value. This means that we can't really make it worthwhile the same way our colonial day empires did when the distance was just crossing continents.

These kinds of conversations happen in Vent?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When we alter our environment to the extent that it naturally exhibits overwhelmingly more negative feedback against the proliferation and progression of life than it does positive feedback, we will be toast. For all our efforts, we will be unable to produce enough high technology, we will be unable to adapt our conditions fast enough to prevent our eventual non-existence.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
When we alter our environment to the extent that it naturally exhibits overwhelmingly more negative feedback against the proliferation and progression of life than it does positive feedback, we will be toast. For all our efforts, we will be unable to produce enough high technology, we will be unable to adapt our conditions fast enough to prevent our eventual non-existence.

Exactly, at some point we will go extinct-if not by particular individual disaster-, then just by incapability as I said above.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Ourselves because a lot of us are a bunch of narcissists, a lot of us are willing to take the stone from one another and a lot of us are willing to go to lengths are ready to start a war for any reason we want to and I still wonder some of these stupid wars.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Humanity is essentially performing harakiri.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How easy 'we' forget. For several decades the threat of a thermonuclear holocaust was front and center.

2u7rcj4.jpg

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And how quickly all that was, becomes but dust before our once living feet.

nuclear-war.jpg

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
When we don't worth living anymore.
When all the faitful humans die, the univers wont hold humanity anymore.