• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Post-Sex World

heart

heart on fire
Pretty gross and disturbing silpery slope argument for genetic enhancement:

Men on a slippery slide in future hermaphrodite world

Julia Medew
July 11, 2008

"I argue that, if these are our goals, we may do well to move towards a 'post-sex' humanity. Until we have the technology to produce genuine hermaphrodites, the most efficient way to do this is to use sex selection technology to ensure that only girl children are born. Girl babies therefore have a significantly more 'open' future than boy babies," he said.

sassafrassquatch

FTFA said:
"I don't think we're seriously looking at a world of only girl children just yet, but I do think that when philosophers start talking about using medical technology to achieve things that aren't about health, so increasing people's IQ or life expectancy for example, you have to ask why we shouldn't all be girls," he said.

eat-shit-and-die-dumbass.gif

Decon

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w1
I doubt it will ever happen since Men are needed in some aspects. All though there was a graphic novel about if a sickness came down and killed all the men except one and his male monkey. But that's neither here nor there. I'm just saying that that line of thought will never work in the real word. It may sound good on paper and in theory, but it would never work in practice.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You think women cannot be aggressive? Abusive?

Seriously - alpha females are a thousand times worse than alpha males and about a thousand times more destructive.

Perhaps it does not happen as often - I cannot really say - but when it does happen, watch out!!! :shock:

See, the problem is that when a man hates a man, he will come out and say, "Listen, you bastard! Stop being an asshole!!!" Then they might fight it out with words, fists, or ideas, whatever....Someone wins....The ranking is established, and that's the end of it. Until the next thing.

When women hate each other, they smile and giggle and say cute things to each other. Then they leave and one of the women turns to her friend and says, "What a complete bitch! How can we destroy her career/relationship?!" She will wait and stab the other person in the back with words, ideas, or circumstances (though, admittedly, generally not with an actual knife, but this pseudo-knife is a thousand times worse than any punch).

Same thing with men-women relationships. Men sit together in a room and they go on and on and on about their women, cars, blah blah blah, trying to decide who is top dog. Then they sometimes have a little battle to decide who is best, but that's it. Decided, finished, out.

Women who are alpha are mean bitches with an attitude. They have to prove they are a THOUSAND times better than men, so they are like a THOUSAND times more aggressive, saucy, and independent. This behavior often shoots the woman in the foot because she cannot compromise or work together with others - she is so adamant on proving how independent she is and how she can do everything. At the end, she does not get promoted and might even get fired - not because she isn't smart and doesn't have good ideas (sometimes she is smarter and better than the men) but just because she makes herself into a complete arghghghghghghghgh so that no one WANTS to work with her.

Before you ladies start in on me, I am a woman myself. Totally beta. Sorry ladies, but I had to be honest. I'm not referring to beta women, or healthy alphas, or healthy, well-developed women with character. I'm talking about power-hungry, unhealthy alpha females.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I mean on a global scale. Would there be a female Kim Jong Il?

Seriously - alpha females are a thousand times worse than alpha males and about a thousand times more destructive.

Perhaps it does not happen as often - I cannot really say - but when it does happen, watch out!!! :shock:

Indira Gandhi was a terrible person and a terrible world leader. She restricted people's civil rights like the best of 'em. The only reason she stopped is because her bodyguards took her out. Thank God!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On a more positive note, I think it is essential that both genders realize that they BOTH have strengths and weaknesses. Same as different personality types have strengths and weaknesses. We need different genders and different personalities in order to make the society whole since no one is perfect in and of himself/herself.

When we learn to embrace and make the most of these differences rather than saying women are better than men or men are better than women, we will have a more cooperative and productive (not to mention effective and efficient as well as peaceful) society. When we learn to accept that we need SJs, SPs, NTs, and NFs to make a well-rounded society rather than bitching about who is better and who is crap, we will also have a more effective society.

It's not about who is BETTER. It's about complementing each other to the best of our ability.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
From the marvelous, Roger Dodger:

What's happening right now is important only in the context...
of our continuing evolution as a species.
Roger, all I'm saying is that I wish my sister would learn to read a subway map.
By saying that, you disregard the primary importance...
of utility in human relationships.
Our ability-- Men's ability to read maps...
to navigate, makes us useful.
You should discourage your sister from even looking at a map.
Are you saying that we women have an inferior sense of direction?
Which way is north,Joyce, without looking around?
What?
You heard me. Point north. Quick. North.
Quick. North.
North. North.
- You're right. - Is he right?
- He's right. - Very impressive.
As she has throughout history...
the female responds to the male who displays the most utility.
By honing those skills which make me useful...
I stave off my inevitable obsolescence.
You stay home honing your ability to program a VCR?
My VCR's been flashing 1 2:00 for three years.
What else, Roger?
Oh, driving a standard shift. Lifting heavy things.
- Air guitar. - Yes, yes.
Go ahead and chuckle, okay?
But until women evolve the ability to move objects telepathically--
and they will--
physical strength remains a primary utility.
Here's to brute strength then.
Roger, you're forgetting a very important male utility.
What's that? Barbecuing?
Sex.
Yeah. I want a guy to do more than just program my VCR.
Oh, I'll program your VCR, baby, like you never had it.
It's a top-loader. You think you can handle that?
Interestingly, a group of scientists in England...
just announced their intention to fertilize an egg...
without the use of sperm cells.
I don't understand that.
Every cell in the human body contains a copy of the genome pattern.
The only reason sperm cells have all the fun is that up until now...
they were the only ones with access.
Within Christopher's lifetime, artifiicial insemination...
will render sperm as useless as an assembly line worker in Detroit.
Luckily, my accountant set up a golden parachute for my sperm years ago.
In case they were downsized.
Just so you know, Roger, you know that we women...
make love because we like it.
- Not just to procreate. - Yes.
- But are men absolutely necessary? - I don't know that.
Think of the structure of the female genitalia.
Wait. Wait. Okay, got it.
What is the most sensitive part of the vagina?
-I can't believe we've gotten into this. -I think you know this, Donovan.
It's the clitoris, fiirst discovered by Renaldus Columbus in 1 559.
He thought it was India.
Oh, no! No!
The crown of the clitoris contains 8,000 nerve fiibers.
It's a far great concentration than in any part of the male body...
even our fiingertips.
It is the most effiicient, pleasure-delivery system...
ever devised by nature.
Now, ask yourself...
why didn't the clitoris end up inside the vagina...
so that intercourse would be naturally...
compellingly, constantly pleasurable for a woman?
- I know the answer. - Yes, Ms. Maynard.
Because in primitive time, women died of childbirth.
So for intercourse to be too pleasurable...
wouldn't make sense from a Darwinian standpoint.
- I'm impressed. - Absolutely right.
- What does that tell us? - Evolution is looking out for us girls?
- Exactly. - That for women...
intercourse and sexual fulfiillment were never intended to intersect.
New technology just makes it offiicial.
Future generations of women will evolve clitorises-- ''clitori, clitorati''--
''Clitorissimo.''
that are larger, longer, even more sensitive.
And a woman's ability, as well as her desire to self-stimulate...
will increase exponentially...
as intercourse is robbed of its procreative utility.
- I'm confused and frightened. - You should be.
The species is not static. We're in a constant state of flux.
Two genders has been the default setting for one reason only:
So far it's been the only way to propagate the race.
Is there any species that just has one gender...
that doesn't have male/female?
Starfiish, for one.
Next time I see a starfiish, I'm gonna tell him to go fuck himself.
Come on. You love it.
No, we don't.
So where are we headed?
Equality? Equality, what is that?
Is that a principle of nature?
We all sit around reading subway maps together.
No. Of course not. Natural selection.
Now that is a principle of nature.
Selection. Something has to lose. Something has to be defeated...
in order for something else to be selected.
So, what does this mean?
We have to take orders from Joyce for the rest of lives.
That's right. I like that.
It means that 1 0 or 1 5 generations from now...
men will be reduced to servitude.
Technology and evolution will have combined...
to exclude sperm from procreation...
and our fiinal destiny will be to lift couches...
and wait for that day when telepathy overcomes gravity...
and our gender's last remaining utility is lost forever.
Forever.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ

I think women are less likely to engage in nuclear wars. This "aggression" is petty, social, passive-aggressive behavior, as opposed to the often equally petty but far more destructive aggression that is seen in world leaders.
At least it is safe to say that a world with only women would be a safer one than a world with only men. Whether that makes it better is up for debate.

Mole

Permabanned
Angels

Absolutely, sex is over.

Just look around you - all of us, each one of us, is disembodied - we are pure spirits without bodies.

Sure, we still feel desire but it has no effect - look, we are having intercourse without touching.

But still our emotions are touched, our feelings are touched - indeed, really - we are - we are touching.

My mind is contacting your mind - and your mind is contacting my mind - and neither of us mind.

This is what it is like in heaven. This is how the Angels, Archangels and Seraphim have intercourse all day and everyday - it's heavenly.

Yes, this is the post-sex world - we post to each other - we post to one another - sans sex.

But what are we to make of all this - how can we start to understand our new world?

Let's start by giving it a name - let's call it the, "Noosphere".

"Noosphere", is an Ancient Greek word that takes us, in one breath, from the beginning of our civilization right to the present moment.

And, by-the-by, "Noosphere", tells us the most important, even the most obvious thing, about our home - it is round - even more than round - it's spherical.

Our world is the most perfect shape there is - look, all the other worlds are perfectly round as well - even the Sun.

Who would have believed - who would have believed - I would end up talking to Angels?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Absolutely, sex is over.

Just look around you - all of us, each one of us, is disembodied - we are pure spirits without bodies.

Sure, we still feel desire but it has no effect - look, we are having intercourse without touching.

But still our emotions are touched, our feelings are touched - indeed, really, we are, we are touching.

My mind is contacting your mind - and your mind is contacting my mind - and neither of us mind.

This is what it is like in heaven. This is how the Angels, Archangels and Seraphim have intercourse all day and everyday - it's heavenly.

Yes, this is the post-sex world - we post to each other - we post to one another - sans sex.

But what are we to make of all this - how can we start to understand our new world?

Let's start by giving it a name - let's call it the, "Noosphere".

"Noosphere", is an Ancient Greek word that takes us, in one breath, from the beginning of our civilization right to the present moment.

And, by-the-by, "Noosphere", tells us the most important, even the most obvious thing, about our home - it is round - even more than round - it's spherical.

Our world is the most perfect shape there is - look, all the other worlds are perfectly round as well - even the Sun.

Who would have believed - who would have believed - I would end up talking to Angels?

So where does rape come into all of this, since from what I've heard, people are still getting raped everyday?

Mole

Permabanned
So where does rape come into all of this, since from what I've heard, people are still getting raped everyday?

Well, Sammy, you ask the toughest questions.

And I could come back with a slick and easy answer.

But it is such a life tragedy to be raped, that I don't have the heart.

And it is really not for me to answer the question, perhaps we should leave that to the victims of rape.

My mind can only take so much horror at any one time. And I have recently been writing about sado-masochism, torture and rape. So perhaps I should follow my own mini-philosophy of Alternance and turn my mind to better things.