• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Laniakea: our home supercluster

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for posting this :)

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you look at our supercluster and the one next door, what you see looks remarkably like a snapshot of cell mitosis.

hela.jpg

deerinckimage13large.jpg

StableMTs.jpg

Not the best images to illustrate the point, but they'll do.

Let's hope we're not a disease-causing bacteria or, worse, a cancer cell.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you look at our supercluster and the one next door, what you see looks remarkably like a snapshot of cell mitosis.

hela.jpg

deerinckimage13large.jpg

StableMTs.jpg

Not the best images to illustrate the point, but they'll do.

Let's hope we're not a disease-causing bacteria or, worse, a cancer cell.

Its funny, i once thought many many years ago(stoned) that maybe this universe(or possibly just galaxy) is just one quantum scale object in another "multiverse", then some time later i saw this:

The Simpsons - Trippy intro - BoreMe

Who knows? :D

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP said:
Its funny, i once thought many many years ago(stoned) that maybe this universe is just one quantum scale object in another "multiverse", then some time later i saw this:

The Simpsons - Trippy intro - BoreMe

Who knows?
That's certainly how it looks (in particular, it looks like we're inside a biological organism), and I suppose if it looked like anything besides meaningless noise, that's how it would have to look. Because when we look at things that are on a very different scale, the structure we see in them is subjectively and in some sense objectively a continuation on the structural patterns grounded in our immediate reference points (which are most especially the flesh and bone body, which, in spite of being what we are, is often as mysterious and invisible as a subatomic particle or a massive astrological object billions of light years away. What is closest to us often appears to be the most distant thing.). A frog would consequently find itself in a universe that looks very froglike, not necessarily because there is anything cosmically weird going on but because it sees the world through inevitably frog-tinted glasses. Within the confines of their own reality, each observer is a kind of micro- and macrocosmos.

Cygnus

Dammit, shoulda waited a few days and made this the premise of my name change instead of Cygnus. Eh well.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very beautiful to see how we are part of something so much greater!