• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bill Gates & Stephen Hawking believe that artificial intelligence will doom humanity

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha indeed. An AI wouldnt be concerned with public opinion and self image. An AI might axtually get things done, instead of only talking about doing for the public opinions.

Not if they have to be worried about election/re-election or are you suggesting we submit to a rule of robot overlords without any kind of representatitve process? :D

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The problem with AI, in my opinion, isn't about humanoid-like AI's destroying the planet or robot uprising.

But the process of giving up our own intelectual capacity over to AI dependency.

But even that isn't really an AI specific issue, as it is already happening with social media and the invention of the smartphone. And specifically the trust and dependancy people have for them. Think about fake news for example for a very recent example. I mean, education already fails miserably when it comes to teaching critical thinking and technology keeps on pushing the neccesity of these skills further and further back.

Ah, I like technology though regardless. As I am certain I have the capacity to continue my intellectual existance regardless of technology, due to having a broad perspective and a well maintained mental filter. But you don't have to look very hard in order to meet people who definately lack the tools required to properly handle these kinds of technologies.

This was the last post on this thread before Stephen Hawking died on 14 March 2018. Ponder that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
between ufo's flying over nuclear weapons bases, super-intelligent robots rising up against humanity and islamic jihad, I think it's safe to say the world is fucked.

10.jpg

yeah...

Thats true.