• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Make 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I considered posting this to the sexuality forum...

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why not just give them strong hallucinogens and torture them mentally(and maybe a bit physically too) for a few days?..

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can already see people popping this drug with prozac when it hits the market

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
We don't pay for a fake 20 years of memories. We pay for a real 20 years of the convict being somebody else's problem i.e. maybe everyone else would like the whole 20 years of not having them around.

Yeah. Seriously. The idea is, at the end of the day, even if they FELT like 1,000 years they only served 8 hours. They'd have their whole lives after that. Not the same at all. Not even a tiny bit. No reform, no education, no shit-I-might-as-well-go-to-church/school/do work while-I'm-here... Just a few frowny faced hours and done.

MRIs are way cheaper, they could fake MRIs and put prisoners through that. No expensive drugs, just some beeping noises and a shell while you're strapped down. That felt like 100 years and I was only in there for 40 minutes.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure you are considering how effective such a treatment might be. If the tech existed to create that full experience in the prisoner's head, meaning they experienced the full 20 years in their mind, it'd hardly amount to "a few frowny faced hours"

As far as the prisoner would be concerned, they'd be suffering the full sentence with plenty of time to consider their actions and be re-educated and reformed. Assuming this worked and the brain could even handle experiencing 20 years in the span of a few hours, he or she could potentially be rehabilitated and reintroduced as a healthy citizen without becoming an unwanted ward of the state draining money from tax coffers for decades. Boom, bam, 8 hours done, ready to reenter society and play by the rules.

And if it's someone we just plain don't want around for a long time, or who can't be rehabilitated, we can still send the worst offenders to a secluded prison or island and let them fend for themselves against the other unwanted convicts--John Carpenter style.

Come on, guys, don't be so boring.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... to those who are criticizing that drug, I'm not so sure that it wouldn't be a suitable punishment for criminals, especially those who have committed more serious crimes like rape or murder. First off, as the presenter mentioned in the video, it would save everyone a lot of time and money in the process. And second, I think a millennium's worth of thoughts in the mind of a prisoner could do one of two things:

1) Drive that person crazy (in my opinion, insanity is so much worse than death), or

2) Give him/her the "time" needed to think over the crime, to regret and to repent.

So if the drug proves to be successful, I'm all in favor of it being used for this purpose.

Passacaglia

This is a very interesting idea, but I suspect that 1,000 years of compressed time would not in fact result in a millenium's worth of self-reflection; it'd probably be like being sleep deprived and/or amped up on too much caffeine.

That said, an inmate might do some serious self-reflection after recovering from the hell of a millennium of sleep deprivation. I know I would!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imagine reconnecting with your friends and loved ones after feeling like you've been away for 1,000 years. They would probably think you're crazy.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Considering no human has lived to 200, let alone 1000+, I don't think this'd be a particularly great idea. I imagine an actual drug like this would not make 8 hours feel like 1000 years, though.