• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question about Smart Phones

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This guy who is apparently a type 3 is looking for a forum for type 3s. There's nothing to speak of on FB so I pointed him to the type 3 forum on PersC. His reply, "FB is more convenient on mobile than a page in Safari." In other words, he only wants to use Facebook.

Is it true that FB is more convenient when using a smart phone? Or is it just laziness? I don't use a smart phone so...

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe he likes the phone app and finds internet browsers too complicated or something. Sounds like some sort of simple mindedness to me..

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the interface of facebook on the smart phone imo is easier to read then the browser, the browser isn't impossible, but its like everything is bigger so easier to read, yeah i zoom in with the browser but facebook i don't have to. it's more aesthetics

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the interface of facebook on the smart phone imo is easier to read then the browser, the browser isn't impossible, but its like everything is bigger so easier to read, yeah i zoom in with the browser but facebook i don't have to. it's more aesthetics

And usability. You don't have to keep zooming out to see your entire paragraph that you typed.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

Why don't you just get him to use Tapatalk? It's an app not unlike Facebook, but with a different color scheme. The functionality is mostly the same.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, like others said:
- You can install different browsers on smartphones.
- Functionality can depend on your specific smartphone.
- Smartphone size changes user experience as well, when it comes to full site browsing.
- Some sites have Tapatalk set up.. or other similar things to get rid of PC browser clutter and design straight for smartphone app.

FaceBook forums? That's kind of hit or miss. I also consider FB more of a "short answer / casual dialogue" exchange versus more in-depth discussion of topics, based on its formatting. It's kind of why Groups never take off in vBull -- the thread formatting and interaction rules are different and not as appealing to people who want to discuss topics more thoroughly.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Its subjective. I personally prefer fb on a laptop, fb ticker on a phone is too difficult to read..