• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Choosing Baby's Sex

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Depression seems a bit too much -- and so first-world. I have three boys instead of a girl so now I'm depressed for the rest of my life? :shock:

I feel bad for their boys.

If I ever have kids I think I would want at least one daughter, but it's not that big of a deal. Even if the option is available to me (for free, with no health risk) I still wouldn't want to choose the sex of the baby.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Depression seems a bit too much -- and so first-world.

For a second I thought you were relating this to social-dom types. I was like um excuse me???? haha

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1- It's normal to have a preference for a boy or a girl
2- Her level of obsession is definitely unhealthy
3- Shit might happen once a) this gains scale, plus b) people start overfavoring a gender over the other

/thread

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Back in the day, if they weren't happy with their young, they used to kill them off. The more we change, the more we stay the same.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hoping for one sex over another is fine. Doing something about it is.. well, different strokes for different folks. It's more laughable that it's explicitly illegal than that it's a thing people want to do.

But one particular small detail in this story is pretty abhorrent. What about her three mistakes? "Hey, other three kids. Yeah, you. You were 'gender disappointments.' You sent me into a deep depression. So I'm spending $50,000 to get a child that I want. Thanks."

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a difference between having and implementing preferences when picking a child for adoption (or having hopes before the child is there) and not accepting your own flesh and blood for what it is because you don't like their gender (or eye color or whatnot).