• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Choosing Baby's Sex

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alas for the children -- she's already had three (?).

But yeah, in general, kids are whatever you get... although I think in practical experience people would draw a line between genetic abnormalities vs children who are genetically "normal" but simply aren't what you'd pick if you could special-order them.
When people are going to adopt, I don't hear many objections to their expressing a preference for one sex or the other. Is it that different for biological children?

á´…eparted

passages
When people are going to adopt, I don't hear many objections to their expressing a preference for one sex or the other. Is it that different for biological children?

More or less how I feel. I really don't see a problem with it, nor much of a difference.

While I share others sentiments regarding that the apparent mindset of the parents isn't so good, I don't see a problem with wanting a specific sex as a child. The fact that's illegal in Australia really just makes me go "...you have got to be fucking kidding me. Seriously?". The amount of moral legislation the seem to impart down there is rediculous IMO, but that's another discussion.

Chthonic

More or less how I feel. I really don't see a problem with it, nor much of a difference.

While I share others sentiments regarding that the apparent mindset of the parents isn't so good, I don't see a problem with wanting a specific sex as a child. The fact that's illegal in Australia really just makes me go "...you have got to be fucking kidding me. Seriously?". The amount of moral legislation the seem to impart down there is rediculous IMO, but that's another discussion.

And where would that discussion be found exactly? I have an axe to grind on the subject of the nanny state.