• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scientists have discovered a new ocean inside the Earth's mantle!

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An interesting thing to discover, after recently having learned that the Earth's water is older than the sun.

high-backgrounds-space-background-bmsblog-ocean-wallpaper-scifi-desktop-planets-moon1.jpg

Makes me think of Genesis 1:2

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I had juust seen this. :) Pretty awesome stuff!! I always thought how weird it was how "little" my parents knew when I was in school.. they couldn't help me with much of my tutoring as a middle schooler because there just wasn't that much theory and .. Stuff.. when they were in school. It's interesting how we're experiencing things now.

I was teaching my nephew the planets today, and the solar system chart excluded pluto.. and we had to make a tiny planet and stick it there and say, "This Might be a planet, we don't know yet, but it's name is Pluto."

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, that's cute. Pluto is still a planet, even thought it's now considered a dwarf.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enough water to re-fill our oceans three times over..

O ______________ O

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mirific, isn't it? It beyond amazes me; the universe is made of water and sound.

So long as the lockness Penis isn't real.....

waterworld%20movie%20image%20Kevin%20Costner.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Haha, that's cute. Pluto is still a planet, even thought it's now considered a dwarf.

Yeah experts disagree on what exactly constitutes a planet still.. little details get argued over, but the consensus when I was graduating was "No" and now that I'm teaching my nephews it's "Yeah, I guess it is." hahaha.

Enough water to re-fill our oceans three times over..

O ______________ O

Omg I know.. It is one of those stats that is so enormous that you just can't imagine it.

I used to think tsunamis were Japanese-picture-style.. a huge, rolling wave, that brings a mass of instant destruction along with it. Youtube has a video of a real tsunami coming in.. and it's completely different than I'd ever pictured it as a kid/teen, and yet it had its own sense of terror.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's no way we can wrap our heads, fully, around these things. Considering a million seconds is twelve days ago.... 3 times the entire containment of the earth's ocean water tucked inside the mantel.... mind boggling, though I wouldn't protest inclusion in any upcoming expeditions. Steven Spielberg should make another movie.

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
It's not liquid water.

Located 400 miles (660 km) beneath Earth's crust, this body of water is locked up in a blue mineral called ringwoodite that lies in the transition zone of hot rock between Earth's surface and core.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not liquid water.

"this body of water is locked up in a blue mineral called ringwoodite" It doesn't make it any less fascinating.

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
"this body of water is locked up in a blue mineral called ringwoodite" It doesn't make it any less fascinating.

Meet

[...] 3 times the entire containment of the earth's ocean water tucked inside the mantel.... mind boggling, though I wouldn't protest inclusion in any upcoming expeditions. Steven Spielberg should make another movie.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could an eye roll harder.

EDIT: I remember the day I learned why the sky was blue; appreciating the science, I chose wonder.

Last edited:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Humans have 60 to 70% of their total body weight in water. This mineral zone has less than 3%.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm waiting for the one where we discover all living creatures in the universe are made from thoughts and air.

The thoughts and air of a fat man named phil. Move over stardust....phil is here. :bananallama:

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I often feel like crying when I learn about stuff like this or when I look at pictures of the universe. I am such a kid.