• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Traveling Back In Time Possible?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder what Schrödinger's cat says about lottery scratch cards? Before you scratch them to reveal, each card is a jackpot winner and a loser and every prize between? lol

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think that "physics" are actually people from the future who could use their knowledge of the future to appear to have the ability to see the future. Also i think there is more than one timeline in our universe. We have the Mandala effect which may the result of time travellers from the future messing around and the universe has an auto correct like the human body does but it doesn't always work fully and as a result we have people who swear blind that Mandala died in jail in the 1980s even though he died only a few years ago. I hope we will one day have the abillty to travel back in time as it would be like having a back up save. Gambled all that money and lost, Well just go back and pick a different bet ;).

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If space-time is real and our human perception picks up on wavelengths of light in our holographic universe, coupled with future predictions being more 'in tune' around the prospect of mating; is the sex part of our brain also able to perceive the future?
Time is relative.
Time is relative to where you are in space and your approximation of gravity and your relation to time as a mass.
It's also relative to what you are, so take into consideration the pigeon's brain - If a pigeon were to watch a motion picture, it would be a 'long slide show'.
Time is then, a constant perceived in different measures.

Does time come from space?
To traverse time, it must be there.
What would it be like with 'no time'?

If there were no time, just space....

Time is; a way to explain reactions that are happening to us calculated by ourselves in order to set a bearing.
We measure a star's distance by how long their light has taken to reach our perception.

What is time?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If space-time is real and our human perception picks up on wavelengths of light in our holographic universe, coupled with future predictions being more 'in tune' around the prospect of mating; is the sex part of our brain also able to perceive the future?
Time is relative.
Time is relative to where you are in space and your approximation of gravity and your relation to time as a mass.
It's also relative to what you are, so take into consideration the pigeon's brain - If a pigeon were to watch a motion picture, it would be a 'long slide show'.
Time is then, a constant perceived in different measures.

Does time come from space?
To traverse time, it must be there.
What would it be like with 'no time'?

If there were no time, just space....

Time is; a way to explain reactions that are happening to us calculated by ourselves in order to set a bearing.
We measure a star's distance by how long their light has taken to reach our perception.

What is time?

In my opinion time and space cannot exist without the other. Time is a abstract concept invented by human beings to keep track of the universes movement so to speak. The closest concrete concept of time would be light as it will take a certain length of time to travel x distance which needs space to measure. Therefore they need one another to exist like we cannot have water without hydrogen and oxygen together. To have no time and just space this would mean that light has frozen completely along with all atoms meaning that it would be like everything has frozen and we would all be blind anyway as without light traveling there would be nothing entering our eyes.

What has fascinated me is that there may possibly be alternative universes in which the world is different. (One timeline where the dinosaurs never died out and with a galaxy ruled by the Tryarnoer Rexus). What inspired this idea is a book I read in English. It was Naughts and Crosses and details a world where Africans enslaved Europeans. I deduced that world was one where the Ice age went on for longer leading to a more temperature Africa and a cold Europe.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I don't think anything major could be changed, fate would compensate to assure things played out as they were meant to regardless of what interference came from outside. Alas for the Time Lord Victorious...

Mole

Permabanned
It is possible to travel back in time in our imagination.

And by travelling back in time in our imagination we throw light on our present condition.

And in the same way by imagining what type we are we throw light on what we actually are.

And the first thing we notice is how resistant we are to knowing what we actually are.

"The discovery of resistance was central to Sigmund Freud's theory of psychoanalysis."

So we have taken the first step in discovering who we are by discovering our resistance.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
No idea, but I want to share this wiki entry about time travel:

John Titor

I don't believe the story but it's a fascinating read.

Titor described his time machine on several occasions. In an early post, he described it as a "stationary mass, temporal displacement unit powered by two top-spin, dual positive singularities", producing a "standard off-set Tipler sinusoid".

The earliest post was more explicit, saying it contained the following:
Two magnetic housing units for the dual micro singularities
An electron injection manifold to alter mass and gravity of the micro singularities
A cooling and X-ray venting system
Gravity sensors, or a variable gravity lock
Four main cesium clocks
Three main computer units

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is possible to travel back in time in our imagination.
That's just called memory or picturing how something was.
With that logic, it is possible to go to Paris, France in our imagination.

Mole

Permabanned
That's just called memory or picturing how something was.
With that logic, it is possible to go to Paris, France in our imagination.

Yes, it is possible to go to Paris in our imagination. And Paris is so overlaid with imagination, even when we go there physically, we also go there in our imagination.

And there is a physical problem with travelling back in time, and that is entropy.

Entropy makes travelling back in time physically impossible.

However we can imagine travelling back in time and we do.

It's just that travelling back in time in our imagination has a different meaning than travelling back in time in reality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The work of children is play. And in play we learn to distinguish between imagination and reality. This is a key psychosocial development on which both art and science depend. However when we don't fully complete this life task, we are tempted to confuse imagination and reality, particularly when we are under stress.

Both astrology and mbti conflate imagination and reality, as do cults and religions. Also we commonly conflate imagination and reality when we make celebrities of movie stars and singers.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it isn't for me... when and where light arrives doesn't change the fact that i am stranded in an ever forward moving moment...

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, it is possible to go to Paris in our imagination. And Paris is so overlaid with imagination, even when we go there physically, we also go there in our imagination.

And there is a physical problem with travelling back in time, and that is entropy.

Entropy makes travelling back in time physically impossible.

However we can imagine travelling back in time and we do.

It's just that travelling back in time in our imagination has a different meaning than travelling back in time in reality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The work of children is play. And in play we learn to distinguish between imagination and reality. This is a key psychosocial development on which both art and science depend. However when we don't fully complete this life task, we are tempted to confuse imagination and reality, particularly when we are under stress.

Both astrology and mbti conflate imagination and reality, as do cults and religions. Also we commonly conflate imagination and reality when we make celebrities of movie stars and singers.

Doesn't count. I think therefore I am doesn't go beyond perception into 'I imagine therefore I am'.

The Cat

Staff member
Going back in time. ahh the sights and sounds of the past, not too much different all in all. I remember Teddy Roosevelt's bachelor party. Einstein and Tesla getting into their cups and inventing a telegraph version of tinder, and as for the groom to be, well let's just say they didnt call it the bull moose party for the reason you think. :blush:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey you can also travel back in time like on the computer it is made out of pixels like the universe is atoms. The big guys can like delete shit from the computer and rewind back. Your computer itself can time travel simply by pressing the arrow button at the top but for some reason they dont do anything just let the universe grow.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Going back in time. ahh the sights and sounds of the past, not too much different all in all. I remember Teddy Roosevelt's bachelor party. Einstein and Tesla getting into their cups and inventing a telegraph version of tinder, and as for the groom to be, well let's just say they didnt call it the bull moose party for the reason you think. :blush:

Time is real, imaging going somewhere while going no where is still going no where.

The Cat

Staff member
Technically we're all traveling through time....that's as real as it gets:huh:

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Technically we're all traveling through time....that's as real as it gets:huh:

String theory proves that the further from the ground you are, the faster time travels.
It's all to do with gravity; like mass being 0 at the speed of light; so time flows faster the faster you go because you're going so fast in relation to Earth, everything on Earth is at a stand still.

The sun travels 500, 000mph through space, Earth travels around the sun at 67, 000mph - So even when you're stationary, you're not.