• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me before I drop-kick my comp

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I have possibly the worlds most annoying virus(es?). It keeps giving me loads of really irritating popups, occasionally plays random music at me, slows down my comp aaaaaaand it's a trojan. I keep running antivirus scans (using AVG, whatever that is) but it only sometimes picks up something, then tells me it's healed it, then the problems come back again! Can anyone out there help me? :D I'm off to work soonish but I'll check this thread when I get back :)

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I couldn't find anything with that beginning bit but heres a shot of my 'virus vault', if that helps?

sassafrassquatch

Give this a whirl and let us know if anything is left over...

Ad-Aware 2008 Free - Lavasoft

Ad-Aware from version 2007 onward is evil. It loads unnecessary services and is mostly ineffective. Spybot search & destroy is the shit.

Download AVG Free Edition 8.0.138 - FileHippo.com
Download CCleaner 2.09.600 - FileHippo.com
Download Comodo Firewall 3.0.25.378 - FileHippo.com
Download SpywareBlaster 4.1 - FileHippo.com
Download Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6 - FileHippo.com
Download Firefox 3.0.1 - FileHippo.com

If you don't have the latest version of those programs install them now. Your version of AVG is too old, if you're using Internet Explorer at least upgrade to IE 7 if you haven't already or use Firefox.

Once you have those programs installed:

Update and immunize spywareblaster
Update, immunize and scan with spybot
Update and scan with AVG
Run CCleaner with all options on the cleaner tab checked except for old prefetch data under the windows heading.

I never get viruses so I'm not entirely sure how to clean up after them. If all else fails you can reinstall windows. :sick:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You could always try losing AVG for a while and going to a company called ESET. Try their antivirus, called NOD32, and see if that clears it up.

Btw, try actually trashing the files once their in the vault. After all you're unlikely to need them again ;)

You should also try an find out where you're getting these things from. I found that it was only a couple of sites which infected my pc, out of the range I visit. I simply stopped going there.