• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cleaning Up The Great Pacific Garbage Patch

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Beach in India

plastic-pollution-indian-patch.jpg

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Entire countries are run by the same incompetent donkeys that we see on shows like Kitchen Nightmares. That trash laden beach in India tells me that whoever is in charge should probably be fired. All it takes is a dozen teens with trashbags and gloves to clean up the beach each day.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Entire countries are run by the same incompetent donkeys that we see on shows like Kitchen Nightmares. That trash laden beach in India tells me that whoever is in charge should probably be fired. All it takes is a dozen teens with trashbags and gloves to clean up the beach each day.

They probably want the US to clean it up for them.

Chthonic

People like this make me feel there is hope for our species. Once I learnt about the garbage in the oceans I immediately became fastidious about what I bought, what it's packaged in and seperating all recyclables in my garbage. I had to admit I was the guilty party of just routinely throwing everything in landfill.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i saw this on facebook so freakin cool.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm all for it. Practical principles and approaches to modern day problems. It's really cool.

I'm also excited about the solar-panel roadways they're trying to come up with right now.. A country that ran off of the sun entirely and had more energy than they knew what to do with? And if we incinerated our trash the way Sweden or whoever does right now to pay for it no less? We could see a whole new circuit of things.

Now if only we could improve batteries to be conscientiously rechargeable without eventually going kaput..

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm all for it. Practical principles and approaches to modern day problems. It's really cool.

I'm also excited about the solar-panel roadways they're trying to come up with right now.. A country that ran off of the sun entirely and had more energy than they knew what to do with? And if we incinerated our trash the way Sweden or whoever does right now to pay for it no less? We could see a whole new circuit of things.

Now if only we could improve batteries to be conscientiously rechargeable without eventually going kaput..

Incinerating trash doesn't work out.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So excited about this. I think I'm going to donate to it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is burning garbage green? In Sweden, there’s little debate | Midwest Energy News Sweden seems to be doing it for a while now.. :shrug: It'd be better than that huuge terrible smelling land fill that smells near my home everytime it rains.

The Swedish sheeple don't debate things, they simply obey their government's edicts.

Does burning garbage create pollution? Does pollution not create more problems?

Incinerating trash is a waste of resources | Science Matters | David Suzuki Foundation

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So.. get Canada to do it, sell them our waste and do major reforms to pay for it. Got it.

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
Does burning garbage create pollution? Does pollution not create more problems?

• Water- and soil contamination
  • Massive methane emissions
  • Hive of disease organisms and vectors
A cogeneration incinerator certainly sounds preferable to a literal heap of useless, hazardous shit. Of course incineration releases some hazardous elements and fine particles into the environment, but modern emission control designs have made the health- and environmental risks posed by incineration negligible compared to those of, for example, a coal-fired power plant.
You input waste, and out comes heat, electricity, and ash composed of highly-prized elements. Other than having been proven to be highly efficient by "Scandinavian sheeple," what do you see wrong with this approach to waste management? Why do you see landfills as the better choice?

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
  • Water- and soil contamination
  • Massive methane emissions
  • Hive of disease organisms and vectors
A cogeneration incinerator certainly sounds preferable to a literal heap of useless, hazardous shit. Of course incineration releases some hazardous elements and fine particles into the environment, but modern emission control designs have made the health- and environmental risks posed by incineration negligible compared to those of, for example, a coal-fired power plant.
You input waste, and out comes heat, electricity, and ash composed of highly priced elements. Other than having been proven to be highly efficient by "Scandinavian sheeple," what do you see wrong with this approach to waste management? Why do you see landfills as the better choice?

That was "Swedish sheeple." And your pollution controls are more expensive to maintain than the energy you get out of incineration.

I have never believed in landfills. I believe in throwing all trash into big piles so that people and animals can sort through it and find goodies, and let nature take care of the rest.