• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Teleportation Possible?

Mane

Permabanned
While currently hypothetical constructs, if you could spin two wormholes at extremely different speeds, accelerating one into a lower orbit while the other maintaining a slower orbit, one end of the wormhole would be experiencing time slower then the other.

Essentially you created a bridge between two points in time, going further and further apart - when you experience 3:00am, the other wormhole's "clock" would be on 2:59am, going through them would be going 1 minute into the past. the fast spinning wormhole would never be able to go backwards in time, so the furthest back point would still be going forward in time, just at a slower rate. You would certainly not be able to use this to travel to before this gate system was created. But if you continue to accelerate and lower the orbit of the "past" wormhole, you can reach a considerable difference (it would help if you had a very heavy gravity well to be able to hold it at high speeds without it going runaway). I suspect that Since the timelines that where altered never existed, we'd never actually experience going back in time, we would just start getting a ton of shit coming through from futures that never get to happen.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
While a pretty terrible movie, The 6th day with Arnie in it always raised the question of which selves were more true than the others.

The clones are exactly like the people who died, right down to the memory of dying, with the exception of little cysts under the eyelid. But it reminded me of the questionable nature of identity. That was the point of course, if executed as a poor premise to provide action and recycled henchmen.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Human teleportation : no and it's a long shot.
But I can barely imagine the implications of data teleportation alone.

I'm no expert on this but I do wonder a lot about the validity of it all.
I read an article about NASA installing a quantum computer at google or vice versa.
I'm baffled that quantum theory really is becoming that practical. Or is it not ?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read an article about NASA installing a quantum computer at google or vice versa.
I'm baffled that quantum theory really is becoming that practical. Or is it not ?

Well, quantum theory is very practical in some sense -- for example, our GPS wouldn't work accurately without it and that's common affordable technology.
http://physicscentral.com/explore/writers/will.cfm

yeghor

Teleportation can be possible by shifting thru alternate realities and bending possibilities without physically transporting the body and the mind.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Teleportation can be possible by shifting thru alternate realities and bending possibilities without physically transporting the body and the mind.

What, you mean more like Zelazny's reality shifts by the royal family in The Chronicles of Amber, or Heinlein's dimension hopping in "The NUmber of the Beast"?

yeghor

What, you mean more like Zelazny's reality shifts by the royal family in The Chronicles of Amber, or Heinlein's dimension hopping in "The NUmber of the Beast"?

I don't know either.

Something like shielding the person in question temporarily from the effects of space-time continium and then switching his reality to a minutely different alternate reality where he's physically at the desired destination.

Edit: Like fine tuning to a radio station.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeeeeees. However, I am reminded of The Fly. So I'd be veeeeery cautious.

Mole

Permabanned

I understand the common CD player works on Quantum Mechanical principles. And as Quantum Mechanics is our most accurate physical fact, it is no surprise to find it is being used around us all the time. For instance, photosynthesis only works because of Quantum Mechanics. The very air we breath and the food we eat comes from Quantum Mechanics. And even sunlight, which powers photosynthesis, comes from Quantum Mechanics in the Sun.

And a few years ago now the University, just down the road from me, made a Quantum Mechanical switch that worked.

Mane

Permabanned

Awesome works... Zelazny can have my babies... But:

I don't know either.

Something like shielding the person in question temporarily from the effects of space-time continium and then switching his reality to a minutely different alternate reality where he's physically at the desired destination.

Edit: Like fine tuning to a radio station.

I wouldn't count on it - the problem is that if M theory is correct, then we aren't actually "in" space, we are space - anything we know as matter and energy is motions and vibrations on the multidimensional membrane of our universe, which is for all intent and purposes one singular object (Also I think you might be getting confused with the idea of a warp bubble, which by it's nature would be limited to travel within our space).

Even if other universes have anything which resembles our space, you wouldn't be able to take a piece from one to the other - it isn't composed of sub-particles that can be separated and poured out like a fluid (If M theory is true, the very existence of particles as individual objects is an illusion). Even if you could, the nature of matter and energy in our own universe are particular characteristics of the membrane's structure (That's how we got to M theory). Another membrane won't likely be arranged in the exact same structure to support the same forms of matter and energy.

What you could hypothetically do, if there's was some way to discover a point of contact between our universe and another, an area of our membrane which touches another membrane, is use... Well, "touch', for an extreme simplification and a lack of a better metaphor.

Assuming they interact in a way which influence each other (Otherwise you wouldn't be able to detect it anyway), we could use whatever ability we'd have to curve space to feel out the other membrane, study it's texture and format, and try to push and pull it in order to manipulate it and create something which resembles us on the other side, or better yet, something that can scout and use that point of contact to transmit information back to us.

Basically, you don't do this:
Queen-s-Gate---Spiral-Chaos1308246357o00ugdEVsl.jpg

Instead, you use this affect:
testingeinst.jpg

On an accurate enough level to do this:
product_4533_full_1.jpg

And hope to god you are able to touch something on the other end, until you see something like this:
pin-art-01.jpg

If you succeeded, you have found a way for humanity to survive (in pattern) whatever fate awaits our universe.
If you failed, how many celestial bodies did you mash into black holes to create this experiment anyway? You monster!

(Still, if your goal is to transfer to another universe and then back to ours, I don't think you could get a less efficient form of transportation).

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Relativity make it plain it is physically impossible to travel backwards in time, however Relativity says it is possible to travel foreward in time, but to travel foreward in time, we need to also travel through space.

So we can't travel forward in time sitting in the same place.
Maybe an esoteric question you can ask for yourself, Mole?:newwink::shock:!:wink:

Mane

Permabanned
this brings to mind the worst mode of time travel ever envisioned:

warning: facepalm ahead...

Mole

Permabanned
Maybe an esoteric question you can ask for yourself, Mole?:newwink::shock:!:wink:

I don't quite know what the estoteric question is, kiddykat, but perhaps I am a bit thick.

What I do think is esoteric is Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. They are so esoteric, we find them impossible to imagine.

So rather than puddling around in the esoterica of astrology, mbti, and the New Age, we could immerse ourselves in the real esoterica of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.

Mane

Permabanned
I don't quite know what the estoteric question is, kiddykat, but perhaps I am a bit thick.

What I do think is esoteric is Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. They are so esoteric, we find them impossible to imagine.

So rather than puddling around in the esoterica of astrology, mbti, and the New Age, we could immerse ourselves in the real esoterica of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.

You seem to be having a difficult time with this. Let me help:
  • The bird flaps it's wings and flies like a bat, it must be one colorful blood sucker.
  • The antelope runs fast like a tiger, it must be a fierce carnivore just like a tiger.
  • The surgeon promises to heal just like the shaman, it must be based on superstition.
  • The scarecrow has a head, 2 legs & 2 arms like a man, it must be self conscious like a man.
When you attribute the characteristic of Object-A to Object-B based on superficial similarities which are unrelated to the reason behind those characteristics, you are making a strawman argument - "The strawman looks like a man, thus it must be like a man".

You have done this earlier when focusing on the superficial similarity between certain religious beliefs and the premise of quantum teleportation, and you are doing it again right now with regards to astrology & MBTI - both result in personality classification systems subject to the Forer effect, but the false assumptions of astrology isn't that there are different kinds of people, its that we are controlled by the shifting positions of planets as predicted by an ancient calendar system, which as it happens to be, do not align with the observable positions of the planets in our own solar system or any solar system we know of. Can the same be done on the core assumptions of MBTI?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
this brings to mind the worst mode of time travel ever envisioned:

warning: facepalm ahead...

Eh, that's not the worst. The ones with generic machines that just work are the worst.

This at least uses a poor and incorrect understanding of relativity. Did you know that if you get in a plane and fly east, time slows down more for you than if you fly west? This is due to time dilation from the effect of gravity. In an airplane the difference is nanoseconds, but it's there and has been tested. Time slows down more for you if you fly east because you're going with the spin of the earth which gives you a gravity assist. This is also why rockets going to orbit primarily take off to an eastward trajectory - it gives you more velocity, which conserves fuel for a rocket, but also has the side effect of slowing down time.

Slowing down time is like travelling to the future, so if you were to fly east incredibly fast you could travel forward in time noticeably relative to life on the ground.

So what happens if you fly west really fast? Well. You still go forward in time, just slower than if you go east. But it's fun to think that since it's the opposite direction, it would reverse time.

Mole

Permabanned
Logic and Resonance

You seem to be having a difficult time with this. Let me help:
  • The bird flaps it's wings and flies like a bat, it must be one colorful blood sucker.
  • The antelope runs fast like a tiger, it must be a fierce carnivore just like a tiger.
  • The surgeon promises to heal just like the shaman, it must be based on superstition.
  • The scarecrow has a head, 2 legs & 2 arms like a man, it must be self conscious like a man.
When you attribute the characteristic of Object-A to Object-B based on superficial similarities which are unrelated to the reason behind those characteristics, you are making a strawman argument - "The strawman looks like a man, thus it must be like a man".

This is not only clear, it is true.

I am though not trying to make an argument, I am trying to make resonance.

And in not trying to make an argument, I am not bound by the rules of logic.

And to make resonance, I only have to hit the right note, and be in tune.

If I wrote as a literate individual, I would try to make logical arguments.

But as a member of an electronic tribe, called Typology Central, I seek to ring the tribe like a bell.

Arguments will not ring the tribal bell, but listening to the ringing of the bell, following the vibrations, and singing the song electric, will ring the tribal bell for all to hear.