• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

all scans says my computer is clean

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
but last night i went into tiny chat and it said my camera was being used by a program so I go to task manager find the process that's using it's something I don't recognize and I know shouldn't be their and i stop the process. I've done a malware scan, virus scan, and now doing a spyware scan. but how do i get rid of this if nothing is picking it up?

and I keep obsessivley checking processes to make sure it hasn't reloaded

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Probably the easiest thing to do if you already have plenty of anti-malware stuff is to just google the name of the process. The top few results of such a search are usually people asking security forums what that process is and if it's safe.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Probably the easiest thing to do if you already have plenty of anti-malware stuff is to just google the name of the process. The top few results of such a search are usually people asking security forums what that process is and if it's safe.

it's saying it came preinstalled with the computer (I have a built in camera). All i know is last night I went to go use my camera and i was told it was being used by something else (this hasn't happened before, well except when I had something open that was using it and had forgotten about it, but I hadn't this time) and when I quit that process it worked. So I'm suspicious

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah I dunno. Personally I hung a piece of cardboard over my computer camera when I wasn't using it, just for peace of mind. You can probably also check which programs load on startup and make sure it isn't on the list. I don't know off the top of my head how you do that, but I'm sure it's somewhere in control panel.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah I dunno. Personally I hung a piece of cardboard over my computer camera when I wasn't using it, just for peace of mind. You can probably also check which programs load on startup and make sure it isn't on the list. I don't know off the top of my head how you do that, but I'm sure it's somewhere in control panel.

yeah I uninstalled the software, as it's unescerry for the camera to work.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this is why I don't install software from untrusted sources. because sometimes even when I say no to all 3rd party software it sometimes still installs bs i don't want. I hate utorrent because same thing happened i got browser hijack and it was a pain in the ass getting rid of all the stuff. I did it. and people are all like just torrent it, and maybe i'm stupid, but even when I'm extra careful shit still happens. I use adblock plus and WOT and malware bytes and anti super spyware and microsoft security essentials. I scan my computer at least once a week

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I have had plenty of success using Malware Anti-bytes and Ccleaner. Keep an eye on your startup list. Good luck !

yeghor

I got it taken care of. thanks.

Lcfb7vY.gif

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Translation:

How are you, Gentlemen?
All of your bases now belong to us.
Your destruction is imminent.
You have no possibility of survival, so treasure what little time remains in your lives.
Aah hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa...