• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Holy Crap, COOOLL! New GoPro is FULLY controlled by my SmartPhone. Here to brag.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
doBIZth.png

LUAMfm4.jpg

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How is your GoPro controlled by your smart phone? What is the procedure to put your smart phone in charge of your GoPro?

There's a free GoPro App. Then you connect to your gopro camera via a wi-fi network. Like on my phone, I have to switch my regular wi-fi to the "MyGoPro" wifi.

I didn't even know it could do this, I'm so Stoked!

Oh, and the first image is a LIVE FEED.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm surprised this wasn't in the instructions, a friend of mine uses one when skiing and I remember this same feature.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure as long as it is a Hero3 (doesn't even need to be 3+ or 3+ black) it has built-in wi-fi, which makes this possible.

And the part about the iphone app was in the quick start instructions on mine.

Maybe your friend has the gopro hero2? It DOESN'T have built-in wi-fi but I believe you can get a accessory pack

I also realized, if I wanted, this could be used as a little security camera, but I doubt I'd ever use it like that. My roommate's car got randomly keyed a few months ago, I might have set it up then, but not if I couldn't totally camouflage it on the balcony, and I haven't thought of anything yet.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2Ugld26.jpg

Had to bring the quality down for vimeo, original quality is incredible.