• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What camera should I get?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For my 21st this year I asked for a camera, specifically the Canon SX50 HS PowerShot. This has features such as face recognition (won't really need this for the work I will be doing), 200x digital zoom (50x optical) (I think this is one of the stronger points since it'll allow me to capture things far away that I don't have to get close to, or can't), Image stabilization (another good feature), raw support (this will allow me to have more detailed images and be able to work with them better) but a small aperture range and lower battery life (about 315 shots I think) than the SX40 HS.

I am wondering if there are any better alternatives for a web designer that costs around 515 USD (about 600 dollars where I live). I am primarily interested in just capturing images and not so much videos. So far I like the one that I've picked but I'm just keeping my options open in case there is an even greater deal that exists somewhere.

I would like to hear your opinions and experiences.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
polaroid films can end up being a little expensive

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope this person already bought a camera. Lol.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Other people might want to get a camera. :shrug: