• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Double Helix

Mole

Permabanned
For 200,000 years we could see the Sun went round the Earth. Then they told us we were completely wrong and now we must believe the Earth goes round the Sun.

But only a brief look at the Milky Way shows us the Sun goes round our galaxy, the Milky Way. This means that the Earth follows a spiral around our Sun.

And the Sun follows a spiral around the Orion Arm of the Milky Way.

So rather than going round the Sun, the Earth follows a spiral within a spiral.

This is a double helix.

And every cell of our body contains a double helix.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

And it goes on and on. Weeee.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
what are you talking about

earth does not follow a spiral around the sun... it is a ellipse

Mole

Permabanned
Don't take my word for it, see for yourself by clicking on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jBK1ZV-qs

And what is interesting is that the double helix is replicated in the macrocosm and the microcosm, indeed in our very selves.

What could this possibly mean?

I understand I can't quote from reputation comments however it has been pointed out that helices or helix are a normal and natural occurrence and what we expect.

However I am not pointing at the helix, I am pointing at the double helix which we find in our DNA and in the movement of our planet.

And we can no longer say the Earth goes round the Sun, rather the Earth follows a helix within a helix: a helix movement around the helix movement of the Sun.

Calliope

Enneagram
9w1
Well I can explain the double helix in DNA to the best of my ability.
Really it serves two purposes
1- to help prevent the dna from getting damaged
2- to allow the formation of supercoils when DNA gathers into chromosomes. The double helix is the ideal form to allow such a tremendous amount of compression.
Imagine taking a string the size of a football field and coiling it into five inches.

I do understand what you're saying though, I think I've seen an infographic describing the same concept.

I'm not one to judge, however, I don't see the two that you're comparing as the same formation. The orbit, to me, seems more like a cycloid than a double helix.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't see the two that you're comparing as the same formation. The orbit, to me, seems more like a cycloid than a double helix.

If the orbit of the Earth round the Sun is a spiral. And the orbit of the Sun around the Orion Arm of the Milky Way is also a spiral. And so at face value it looks like a spiral within a spiral.

Now I am not sure whether the movement of Earth can be called a double helix or not.

Certainly the movement of the Earth and our DNA are are different things, but the geometry may be the same.

We need a mathematician to answer this question.