• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's a good tablet I can get for around $300

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I want it to be a Christmas present to myself or should I save up a little more then buy one?

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What size screen do you want? You should be able to get a pretty good mid-range (at least) tablet for $300. I can give you some recommendations if you describe what you are looking for a bit, like size, resolution, overall specs (like whether you want to use it for high-end games and graphic design, or more basic tasks like web browsing, music, and less demanding games), etc.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What size screen do you want? You should be able to get a pretty good mid-range (at least) tablet for $300. I can give you some recommendations if you describe what you are looking for a bit, like size, resolution, overall specs (like whether you want to use it for high-end games and graphic design, or more basic tasks like web browsing, music, and less demanding games), etc.

I'd prefer a larger screen, if I can install steam I'd like higher resolution but also for web browsing and music and netflix a small screen isn't a deal breaker. I'd like the option to upgrade the memory ie an sd card slot.I plan on buying a keyboard and case. It's to replace my laptop ultimately, mainly for travel or when my housemates want to watch a movie as my laptop is the only one that hooks up to the tv.no apple.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Steam? On a tablet? Steam is not available for tablets*. Nexus 7 is pretty decent tablet for the buck. As for larger, I have Galaxy Note 10.1 (one with the pen, but the pen is worthless) and it's nice. I think Galaxy Tabs without 3G should be within your budgets. Or you could buy an older iPad if you can find one at that price point.

Also, you might just want to buy a laptop. I think it's easier than having a tablet with keyboard and case. Laptops come with touchscreen now-a-days. Although Windows 8.1 is pretty weird.

* Technically that is incorrect as tablets could have x86 processor and install Windows/Linux on it. But it is really a laptop mimicing to be tablet. Avoid at all costs, unless you are a hardcore geek.