• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Predictions thread.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Lets make some predictions regarding the future +10 years from now.

It'll be a little time capsule to go back and look into. How right will we be?

Go!

20 years from now hand held phones will be a thing of the past.

Standuble

- Someone will hack nuclear launch codes and they will fall into the hands of Google via Google Street View.

- America will face collapse and/or hyperinflation of its currency. The population would be generally much poorer and the people will stop caring as much (if at all) about America as a nation and care more about their own states. This echoed throughout much of the Western world.

- Due to aging populations and the massive contamination of Tokyo's aquifer by years of escaping Fukushima radiation more and more Japanese are emigrating.

- China suffers a now unmanageable demographic crisis where the ratio of men to women deprives the former of the good stuff. Men of various ages keep a keen eye out for foreign immigrants including the aforementioned Japanese.

- The ISS has now 3D printed its first space ship as well as the first Moon Base.

- The Mars One mission is initially a success but the Martian site suffers difficulties after a few months and the team meet an untimely death.

- Every country is now a net importer of crude oil and the energy future looks bleak. Ever increasing amounts of fracking is taking place and increased efficiency (and high prices) are (for now) driving up supply.

- Egypt has now experienced its fourth revolution since 2011. High food prices and low water supply have convinced the population that the country is now a failed state.

- Syrian Kurdistan has now experienced its best economic performance since it declared independence several years earlier. Rumour has it that they are planning to ally with and assist Syria in invading the Al-Nusra controlled countryside.

- India, Iran, Russia, China, Brazil, Nigeria and Europe go to the Moon or are in the final planning stages.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In 10 years, humanity will have perfected a fundamental "Theory of Everything".

In 20 years, we will know the overall architectures of our universe and be able to map it all out.

In 30 years, people will be able to access supernatural powers like flying through the use of technology.

In 40 years, there will be a means for penetrating the barriers of distance via teleportation.

In 50 years, negative matter and dark energy will be harnessed to alter the fabrics of space-time.

In 60 years, advances in cosmology and enlightenment alike will give us the wisdom to preserve world peace.

In 70 years, mankind wil begin its incredible expansion to alien galaxies all across the universe.

In 80 years, new dimensions will become accessible through inducing higher states of awareness.

In 90 years, channels for contact with hyper-dimensional alien divinities will be established.

In 100 years, we build bridges to transcend the heavens and forge new creations of our own design.

In 1000 years, highly evolved humans as a galactic super-civilization will open up the "rainbow bridge to infinity".

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't do these things on demand but will let you know if anything pops up.

baccheion

Ten years from now, I'll look exactly the same. No older.
Ten years from now, there'll be a nootropic that adds 10-20 points to your IQ.
Ten years from now, America will be number one again. But not in education.
Ten years from now, I'll be rich and accomplished.
Ten years from now, we'll still have hand held phones.
Ten years from now, Facebook will be a shadow of its former self.
Ten years from now, Google will be on the verge of collapse due to its own internal BS.
Ten years from now, at least one major invention will surface that will change humanity (for the better).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we will be downloading information into our brain rather than attend university- i say 10 years.

as well as other skills...like art, music and kung fu

we may even be able to simulate telepathic communication by synching with someone elses internal chip. or rather sending mental texts.

Standuble

Plenty of nice predictions here. Shame there's little to no chance of implementing many of them within the required time-scale.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
we may even be able to simulate telepathic communication by synching with someone elses internal chip. or rather sending mental texts.

Please don't tell me this whole idea of "micro-chipping the masses" will EVER happen! Because then the Bible might actually be right about something (Mark of the Beast) and be an omen of bad things that are to come.

We don't want to become robots; we want to become a supernatural uber-race with an ultimate willpower and a life force.

Something about that idea of becoming more machine than man just doesn't feel right.

I mean, I'm in many respects very much a constructive rationalist, but I'm also an idealistic humanitarian. It would suck really badly if robotics became the foundation of our society and destroyed spirituality. Even when looked at logically, the robots/machines/AI could take over the world!

Surely it's more within reason to follow a higher divine path. That's where the true promise for the future I believe lies, is in faith. If we had enough faith, then we could eventually realize our full potential. One day man will move mountains; there's nothing that we can't do - we just have to believe!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Please don't tell me this whole idea of "micro-chipping the masses" will EVER happen! Because then the Bible might actually be right about something (Mark of the Beast) and be an omen of bad things that are to come.

We don't want to become robots; we want to become a supernatural uber-race with an ultimate willpower and a life force.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...may-download-new-skills-to-your-brain/250775/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rs-The-Matrix-set-reality-say-scientists.html

baccheion

You know there is always some shit out there working to have the prophecies/predictions in the Bible come true. They like hiding their bullshit behind what has been written in times past.

"Mark of the Beast? What does that involve? The chipping of every individual and making people unable to live if they don't get chipped? Sweet, let's do it."

I'll be honest, the mark of the beast is one of the most insanely accurate predictions I've seen in the Bible, just due to how long ago it was predicted, and how close we are today to being that kinda society.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ten years from now, Bob Dylan and Hugh Hefner will be dead.

Twenty years from now, we'll either have gotten our shit together in regards to the cleaner of the alternative energy sources, or we'll go through another fossil fuel scarcity panic plus look back at now as the good old days, environmentally speaking.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I predict that within 10 - 15 years, a movie will be made of one of Brandon Sanderson's books.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I predict that within 10 - 15 years, a movie will be made of one of Brandon Sanderson's books.

Which one, do you think?

It would probably be the Mistborn series...plenty of room for action/special fx. I wouldn't go see it. He needs to write faster! :D

I predict that we will enter a die-back phase...globalization will end and we will try to learn to live in our own backyards and what they have in them.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which one, do you think?

It would probably be the Mistborn series...plenty of room for action/special fx. I wouldn't go see it. He needs to write faster! :D

Mistborn would be hard to do but that would be my vote - like a Lord of the Rings kind of trilogy. It's my favorite book series of all time.

He actually writes pretty quickly. I buy all his books when they first come out. I'm reading Steelheart right now and that's after reading the Rithamatist that was released in May. Then there was The Emperor's Soul, which was released in October of last year which won the Hugo Award. Words of Radiance - the sequel to The Way of Kings will be out in March of 2014 and that will be a long book.

He got caught up in finishing the Wheel of Time Series when Robert Jordan died so it seemed like he wasn't writing much for a while there (unless you are a Robert Jordan fan).

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mistborn would be hard to do but that would be my vote - like a Lord of the Rings kind of trilogy. It's my favorite book series of all time.

He got caught up in finishing the Wheel of Time Series when Robert Jordan died so it seemed like he wasn't writing much for a while there (unless you are a Robert Jordan fan).

But that's my favorite complaint...:(

Woo...sounds like I need to raid your library! I lost a lot of my books when I moved out here. I'm slowly buying them all back. I'd like to read Elantris again.

I remember him getting tied up writing the end of that series. I tried very hard to read Wheel of Time series but hated it. Gave up at the 3rd book, I think? I couldn't get into it at all. My sister went nuts over it...I was jealous of her rapture.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tried very hard to read Wheel of Time series but hated it. Gave up at the 3rd book, I think? I couldn't get into it at all. My sister went nuts over it...I was jealous of her rapture.

I have had the first book of Wheel of Time on my bedside table for the last six months and I am determined to start reading it. Haven't been able to get past the first 10 - 20 pages.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I bet my soul we'll all be dead in the next 100 years if wrong you can eat my corpse