• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Predictions thread.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah yes, I finally finshed my amazing outline for the fulfillment of our Ultimate Destiny!

In 10 years, humanity will have perfected a fundamental "Theory of Everything".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything

A theory of everything (ToE) or final theory is any theory in the realm of theoretical physics that fully explains and links together all known physical phenomena, and predicts the outcome of any experiment that could be carried out in principle.

In 20 years, we will know the overall architectures of our universe and be able to map it all out.

http://jp.senescence.info/thoughts/cosmology.html

It is safe to assume that the universe began with the big bang; a huge black hole so dense that it exploded giving rise to matter and even dimensions began expanding. But what existed before the big bang? Has the big bang been repeating itself for a longer time than can be expressed in words? Was there a beginning? What if some species was able to manipulate space and time in such a way that it was present in a previous version of this universe and was able to survive the big bang. Perhaps there is a god or many gods. Perhaps some species did survive and create this universe for its entertainment.

In 30 years, people will be able to access supernatural powers like flying through the use of technology.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce11.html

Cayce predicted in September, 1939, that when there is the same interest or study given to things or phases of mental and spiritual phenomena as has been and is given to the materialized or material phenomena, then it will become just as practical, as measurable, as meter-able, as any other phase of human experience.

In 40 years, there will be a means for penetrating the barriers of distance via teleportation.

http://www.teslasociety.com/the_secret_and_mysterious_hero_of_science.htm

Tesla Memorial Society whose headquarters are in New York sent many letters to the leaders of the world stating that Tesla is the inventor or master mind of many things we use today. His works were nor restricted with technical inventions, there were also theories about communication with the outside world, teleportation and time travel. On the contrary of Einstein’s theory of relativity he was working on a universe model he named dynamic theory of gravity.

In 50 years, negative matter and dark energy will be harnessed to alter the fabrics of space-time.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=420044

The repelling force of the negative mass matter is the source of 'dark energy', which can be show to have caused the expansion and it's later accelerated expansion of spacetime.

In 60 years, advances in cosmology and enlightenment alike will give us the wisdom to preserve world peace.

http://www.selfdiscoveryportal.com/arConversation.htm

In a recent issue of What is Enlightenment? Ken Wilber described enlightenment as the 'radical realization of the ever-present condition of all conditions, a radical freedom in its radical fullness, an infinite Release in the midst of misery, a tacit realization that you are utterly one with all that is arising moment to moment in any and all domains, high or low, sacred or profane.'

In 70 years, mankind wil begin its incredible expansion to alien galaxies all across the universe.

http://www.tauzero.aero/about/why-we-exist/

Some consider that it is not time to pursue starflight until after we have colonies on the Moon and Mars; reasonable learning steps. Lessons from history, however, suggest that it is best to pursue both the next-obvious steps AND the revolutionary advances that could circumvent those near-term actions. By evoking the goal of starflight, we are forced to look beyond extrapolations of existing methods, to seek the breakthroughs that could change everything, the breakthroughs that others can’t explore.

In 80 years, new dimensions will become accessible through inducing higher states of awareness.

http://www.creativityandinquiry.org/ScienceofConsciousness.html

The study of metaphysics can also provide the systematic development of metaphysical skills that have practical applications in our everyday lives. For example, the many forms of “healing” to assist healthcare, “remote viewing” to assist law enforcement, and “channelling” to provide information, insights, and wisdom about our existence and beyond.

In 90 years, channels for contact with hyper-dimensional alien divinities will be established.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2012/...en-intelligence-the-supernatural-and-divinity

Could there be a link, then, between what so many call the supernatural and the existence of beings out there that are perfectly natural but so beyond our comprehension as to be indistinguishable from supernatural entities?

In 100 years, we build bridges to transcend the heavens and forge new creations of our own design.

http://letsgetrealpod.blogspot.com/2012/09/futurist-jason-silva-speaks-about.html

Transcension is a theory, its a hypothesis that attempts to account for Fermi's Paradox. Now Fermi's Paradox is a question that asks that if the universe is so infinitely large... and it would have had so much time to develop intelligent life... then how come we don't see any evidence of those technologically advanced civilisations anywhere. Eventually our technology reaches a point where simultaneously with this expansion we're pioneering more and more stem compression, which is the compression of space, time, energy and matter. We have denser and denser spaces where more and more computation and complexity is occurring...

In 1000 years, highly evolved humans as a galactic super-civilization will open up the "rainbow bridge to infinity".

http://godhoodism.com/godhood-definitions.htm

Omniverse - Infinity, all possible attributes and modes are in play, multiverses are categorized by the attributes/modes active in its child universes. All possible modes of existence are actualized. All the multiverses are connected to our omniverse via higher dimensions. However there can be more Omniverses separated by the great expanses of pure thought within Gods mind. Only another God could traverse those great oceans of consciousness to get to those other omniverses. Whether they're directly in the original eternal Gods mind or the near infinite other Gods who ascended to Godhood. The Omniverse itself can be a God.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just had an idea pop into my head that we will have aircars in the next 100 years. Maybe that's because I just watched Star Trek Into Darkness last weekend and I'm tired right now.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No plague, famine, or natural disasters wiping out most of the human race yet? Another Dark Ages? Running out of natural resources? You guys are too positive for me. :smile:

Or maybe I'm just too negative.

baccheion

I just had an idea pop into my head that we will have aircars in the next 100 years. Maybe that's because I just watched Star Trek Into Darkness last weekend and I'm tired right now.

While this idea is cool, what would be the point of them? I don't see any benefits over regular cars. What we need in the next 10 years is a more efficient and personalized form of transportation.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While this idea is cool, what would be the point of them? I don't see any benefits over regular cars. What we need in the next 10 years is a more efficient and personalized form of transportation.

More sky than roadway and no need to pave it. Could be lower cost. Less congestion. More flexibility in establishing new routes (and there would need to be routes and autopilot or they'd all be crashing into each other).

Standuble

I bet my soul we'll all be dead in the next 100 years if wrong you can eat my corpse

What if I have myself cryogenically frozen in ten years but in 2112 they manage to unfreeze and revive me? Would that count as being alive as I spent most of the century dead? If yes where would I collect my winnings?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What if I have myself cryogenically frozen in ten years but in 2112 they manage to unfreeze and revive me? Would that count as being alive as I spent most of the century dead? If yes where would I collect my winnings?
my.grave

Mole

Permabanned
Quite soon we will master artificial photosynthesis and we will green our planet.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"The Singularity is an epic metaphor: we all know the story, it’s a way to describe an event horizon, just within our reach, where technological progress will be so profound and our human/technology symbiosis so deep, that by all accounts it will birth a new chapter in human history, a new epoch in the cosmos." - Jason Silva

I

Infinite Bubble

We will have to begin to colonise other celestial bodies or succumb to death by our own hands.

The ability to manipulate space will become possible, for warp drives and artificial gravitational fields. If the graviton is finally discovered, it could be manipulated in such a way, even if only by small amounts.

Perhaps hundreds of thousands of years from now, humans will no longer be the "rulers" of Earth. Another species of some sort will have adapted and domination will turn to them. This may be because of our extinction, our colonisation of other planets, or simply natural selection on its own. There will certainly be no Homo sapiens by this time.

Standuble

In an ideal world we would clumsily climb up the Kardashev scale to the point where we no longer need to comply with scientific principles. We are currently at 0.73 when the above would likely be achievable at 4 or 5 (or perhaps even 6.) The question is whether we can make it to 1 or not before we go extinct. We best maintain our interest in space.

I

Infinite Bubble

In an ideal world we would clumsily climb up the Kardashev scale to the point where we no longer need to comply with scientific principles. We are currently at 0.73 when the above would likely be achievable at 4 or 5 (or perhaps even 6.) The question is whether we can make it to 1 or not before we go extinct. We best maintain our interest in space.

Yes well that is the problem. Whether we can get past ourselves.

Standuble

Yes well that is the problem. Whether we can get past ourselves.

We don't need to get over ourselves per se. That is a battle for much later (if at all). We just need to find a way for space travel to appeal to our primal desires and indulgences. That is why I support space tourism - let the id of the ruling classes feed the engines which hopefully would prevent a collapse of humanity's carrying capacity. When all the resources of the solar system are in our grasp is when we should stop to reflect as a species. At least that is my view.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

"Physics is the most fundamental, and least significant, of the sciences." - Ken Wilber
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence." - Nikola Tesla

The point is that we start from the physics to build ourselves up, but at higher levels of development, mundane science will vanish as we connect with higher forces.
I think that once we have a theory of everything along with greater technologies, then we can begin empirical explorations of inner space and spiritual worlds.

Standuble

"Physics is the most fundamental, and least significant, of the sciences." - Ken Wilber
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence." - Nikola Tesla

The point is that we start from the physics to build ourselves up, but at higher levels of development, mundane science will vanish as we connect with higher forces.
I think that once we have a theory of everything along with greater technologies, then we can begin empirical explorations of inner space and spiritual worlds.

This is all known to me. The question is how? Everything is subservient to laws and principles from the quantum level up (though whether quantum particles are uncaused causers remains to be seen) and we are bound by that system. We are trapped in the box and we must somehow use tools also trapped in the box to somehow escape from the box which is seemingly locked from the outside. If it is possible then I reckon it would take unfathomable amounts of power and knowledge born only from experimental data which in turn required unfathomable amounts of resources.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is all known to me. The question is how? Everything is subservient to laws and principles from the quantum level up (though whether quantum particles are uncaused causers remains to be seen) and we are bound by that system. We are trapped in the box and we must somehow use tools also trapped in the box to somehow escape from the box which is seemingly locked from the outside. If it is possible then I reckon it would take unfathomable amounts of power and knowledge born only from experimental data which in turn required unfathomable amounts of resources.

I guess we can approach this problem metaphorically, from the idea of computer programs and how they evolve.
Perhaps computers can experience dreams, see the future, have a will to life, and so forth.
They can even learn from experience, integrate it all and become wiser.
Then there's even theories on how sufficiently advanced computers would be able to take over the world, even though they originally were our subjects.
Computers could potentially learn to perceive their surroundings outside the limited cybserspace of their own programming.
Ultimately, we don't really know what's within our limits, or what limits can be transcended. The wonders of yesterday are today common occurences.

Standuble

I guess we can approach this problem metaphorically, from the idea of computer programs and how they evolve.
Perhaps computers can experience dreams, see the future, have a will to life, and so forth.
They can even learn from experience, integrate it all and become wiser.
Then there's even theories on how sufficiently advanced computers would be able to take over the world, even though they originally were our subjects.
Computers could potentially learn to perceive their surroundings outside the limited cybserspace of their own programming.
Ultimately, we don't really know what's within our limits, or what limits can be transcended. The wonders of yesterday are today common occurences.

I am talking about the death of limitations and process in a state where science no longer needs to be obeyed. Essentially whatever you want to occur happens. Practical godhood and the literal death of existentialism and nihilism. No implications or implementation issues. However you would need to invent such a state from objects which both have limitations and require process. In other words: can a mortal create a god?

I am unsure how metaphor alone would achieve such a feat unless it allowed you to become a ghost and enter an alternate reality without laws. The only method I see is for a suitably advanced civilisation to strip-mine part of if not the whole universe in the hope they can either discover a method or be sufficiently educated in order to innovate a way.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
10 years from now, people will have more fat and be more naked.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In 5 hours I will be under a blanket.

For I have seen the future.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
In 5 hours I will be under a blanket.

For I have seen the future.

"And as the great blanket sleeps in all of us, we shall in turn sleep in it."

From the Terratus Liberatum light pamphlet, of the Cult of Blanket, circa 3256 after the great terramorph disaster.