• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Mankind Really At The Top Of The Food Chain?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG I BET ITS ONE WITH A SHARK STRAPPED TO ITS BELLY AND INSIDE THE SHARK IS A CAKE BECAUSE WHO COULD RESIST THAT?!?! ITS THE PERFECT ALLUREMENT!

You watched shark week, didn't ya.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But there is one species that the human race can never bring down. The identity of this species is unknown, perhaps unknowable. It lurks hidden in the remotest areas of the Earth as it awaits its prey.

Honestly, with Mt. St Helens close by, it could have even been volcanic shenanigans.

A

Anew Leaf

hmm, and yet another one of those pesky empty notifications.

I shall answer to the ether: I AM shark week.

:mrtoothy: mako your way closaire humans.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm, and yet another one of those pesky empty notifications.

I shall answer to the ether: I AM shark week.

:mrtoothy: mako your way closaire humans.

Kewl. I like the one where these people hunted down the Megalodon. It was the first thing that actually ACTUALLY scared me in a long, long time.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You watched a shark weep, didn't ya.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You watched shart week, didn't ya.

I looked up Ape Canyon, and I found this:

William Halliday, director of the Western Speleological Survey, claimed in his 1983 pamphlet Ape Cave and the Mount Saint Helens Apes that the miner's assailants were actually local youths. Until the eruption of Mt. St. Helens, counselors from the YMCA's Camp Meehan on nearby Spirit Lake brought hikers to the canyon's edge and related a tradition that the 1924 incident was actually the result of young campers throwing light pumice stones into the canyon, not realizing there were miners at the bottom. Looking up, the miners would have only seen dark moonlit figures throwing stones at their cabin. The narrow walls of the canyon would have served to distort the voices of the YMCA campers enough to frighten the men below.

Why is it that for all these stories, I find something that makes a lot more sense than cave gnomes or whatever you're going on about.

As for the skiier, I don't see why it's so hard to believe that he fell or got lost or something and the body never became found. It's entirely possible in that kind of wilderness.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I looked up Ape Canyon, and I found this:

Why is it that for all these stories, I find something that makes a lot more sense than cave gnomes or whatever you're going on about.

As for the skiier, I don't see why it's so hard to believe that he fell or got lost or something and the body never became found. It's entirely possible in that kind of wilderness.

I already mentioned a possibility like this. But your version makes no sense. Jim Carter took off on his skis like his tail was on fire and was never seen nor heard from again. He didn't fall or get lost wandering around in the wilderness. Whatever was chasing him finally got him. And that thing didn't leave any tracks or traces.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I already mentioned a possibility like this. But your version makes no sense. Jim Carter took off on his skis like his tail was on fire and was never seen nor heard from again. He didn't fall or get lost wandering around in the wilderness. Whatever was chasing him finally got him. And that thing didn't leave any tracks or traces.

Um, maybe he went really fast on his skiis because he was skiing? The logic that "he was too experienced to do something so stupid" is flawed reasoning. People do dumb shit all the time, even people with experience. Do you truly believe that "experts" are incapable of making mistakes?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um, maybe he went really fast on his skiis because he was skiing? The logic that "he was too experienced to do something so stupid" is flawed reasoning. People do dumb shit all the time, even people with experience. Do you truly believe that "experts" are incapable of making mistakes?

I also mentioned the possibility that he was just skiing. But there is no motive for ditching the job he was asked to do - photographing some skiers - and go racing down the mountainside at full speed risking everything for nothing.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I also mentioned the possibility that he was just skiing. But there is no motive for ditching the job he was asked to do - photographing some skiers - and go racing down the mountainside at full speed risking everything for nothing.

True. The obvious answer is that an unknowable flying monster got him.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I don't go from there to Super Apemen. I just don't. Honestly, you're starting to sound like AphroditeGoneAwry ranting about Freemasons. It's even the same argumentative style. The only thing missing is saying that everyone who is disagreeing is doing so because of being brainwashed by the dominant white male point of view, and you'll be there!

"A few things don't add up. Therefore, there must be a really bizarre explanation that explains all of this." I can't precisely define or explain it... but it's got to be there, and it's got to be something really weird."'

Listen pal, that's kind of cognition seems to have something to do with introverted intuition, not thinking.

It's fine. Some of my best friends are introverted intuitives.

I like you guys just fine. It's just that when you do this, it's hard for me not to point out how ridiculous it is, no matter how much "evidence" you have. The problem for me is that you have all evidence and no theory. You're saying that things don't add up, fine, but where you lose me is when you suggest what actually happened. The suggestion doesn't fit into anything else around it. It's isolated and comes out of nowhere. (And, oddly enough, this kind of behavior seems more common among INTJs than INFJs.... maybe the Ti balances some of this stuff out? It seems more Ni-Fi than Ni-TI.)

It's ok, you can come out of the closet as an INTJ.

Last edited:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Maybe spaghetti shaped?

In other news...this thread is astounding. This is great though, I really think court cases could be far more interesting, (especially televised dramas based around them like Law & Order), if occam's razor was reversed and the most likely reason was now the flying monkey/gnome person.

Ahh....Judge Judy would become AMAZING!

I seriously suggest watching some Monkey News....

Another favourite of this type of.....thinking would be 'alien gives man a beard'

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is good information in favor of our natural order being evil and of the Devil. It's all eat or be eaten! The only good I can see in this would be that struggle could make us stronger or give us a greater appreciation for the wonders of life. I don't know though, is it really worth it to pay the price of suffering just for a larger perspective with the powers in our world?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It MAY be knowable, scientifically. But in order to do so we will need to toss aside 2500 years of biological science and start all over again with a new set of assumptions about what can and cannot constitute a life form.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are lots of animals on Earth that prey on humans as well as other animals and consider humans just another species of prey. Lions, tigers, bears (oh my!), alligators, crocodiles, sharks... the list is pretty long, actually. No need for cryptozoology for us not to be at the "top of the food chain." Am I missing something?
This. We've hunted our natural predators almost to extinction, so most people forget that they exist.

That said, my out of control Ni can't help but believe that most anything is possible; I don't think we can reasonably say that such things as extraterrestrial beings and unclassified "monsters" are impossible. We certainly don't know every species on Earth- new species are being discovered all the time.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This. We've hunted our natural predators almost to extinction, so most people forget that they exist.

That said, my out of control Ni can't help but believe that most anything is possible; I don't think we can reasonably say that such things as extraterrestrial beings and unclassified "monsters" are impossible. We certainly don't know every species on Earth- new species are being discovered all the time.

I certainly don't think extraterrestrials are impossible. Actually, I'm almost certain they exist. I'm going to need more to go on than a missing skier to conclude that they've visited Earth, though.

And for the same reason, I don't consider monsters out of the question. People have discovered things that are, in my opinion, stranger than Bigfoot.

The thing that's hard for me to wrap my head around is the sort of "power" attributed to them, to the extent that "we will never be able to detect them." I guess my worldview is that I believe there are plenty of things that are undiscovered, but there's not very much, if anything, that is "unexplainable." I think there is a way to explain odd phenomena and discrepancies, we just haven't figured out what that is yet.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
5/5 stars would read again

obviously you're talking about the animal devil spirit in [MENTION=13943]Pinker85[/MENTION] 's avatar.

and yes i am afraid.

(loads shotgun)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing that's hard for me to wrap my head around is the sort of "power" attributed to them, to the extent that "we will never be able to detect them." I guess my worldview is that I believe there are plenty of things that are undiscovered, but there's not very much, if anything, that is "unexplainable." I think there is a way to explain odd phenomena and discrepancies, we just haven't figured out what that is yet.
Yeah that is a little weird. If these beings (Bigfoot type things) exist, then why isn't there more evidence? Surely they would have a hard time staying hidden in caves and such. Why wouldn't we have discovered their homes when they're not there? It's possible we have and just assume they were from humans. I don't think there is any reason they would be significantly more "magical" than we are, although it is possible they have found sophisticated ways to elude us.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that aliens would be able to elude us; if they have the technology to visit Earth staying hidden shouldn't be much of a challenge. And many people say they have had encounters with them, but people don't believe them- that's the biggest advantage they would have, that whatever evidence they leave could easily be assumed to be a hoax or delusion.