• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Microsoft Security Essentials

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I need help. I use that anti-virus but one day i noticed it wasn't in the task bar anymore, so i go to open it says path not found, so i try to redownload it and it says already installed, so than i go to uninstall it and it won't let me. so basically my computer is naked genetalia having intercourse with the web without protection. I don't know what to do, It might get chlymadia.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You can install another virus protection system temporarily until you get this resolved. Some people use AVG for free virus protection.

I would suggest calling microsoft for support to get the problem fixed.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You can install another virus protection system temporarily until you get this resolved. Some people use AVG for free virus protection.

I would suggest calling microsoft for support to get the problem fixed.

I downloaded AVG might just use that for now, I just refuse to pay 900 bucks for anti-virus software

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I downloaded AVG might just use that for now, I just refuse to pay 900 bucks for anti-virus software

*NEVER* pay for virus protection. Ever. Seriously, it's just not necessary. Most tech reviews have shown that free anti-virus is about just as effective (and sometimes better) than paid-for anti spyware. And I've found every Mcaffee-or-whatever and Norton user EVER had a slower running, POS system not worth using until uninstalled.

what I use:
If I know others are using my system - MS Essentials and AVG both. They say not to mix anti-virus wares, but I've never had it give me issues, and it helps when you have kids and not-so-caring people on your computers downloading stuff.
If I'm only using it - MS essentials
Anti-malware - Superantispyware free edition (receives mixed reviews, sometimes gives too many false positives, but does the job overall so far as I can tell.. There's definitely more results when I go to shadier sites than when I don't, so it's doing something.)