• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the human face may look like in 100,000 years

gromit

likes this
Going over to Susan's house?

Yep :cheese:

This seems more like something that people like to believe in because they want to feel special than something that is likely to be true. I'm not saying I believe in reploids, but with all the planets in the universe, how could life have arisen just once? Especially because we're finding more and more that life can survive in places that we thought it shouldn't have been able to. There are bacteria deep within the Earth's crust. Microorganisms that live off of sulfur or thrive in the extreme heat of undersea vents. Hell, there are even crabs that eat that stuff that lives in those undersea vents. These creatures never see the sun, but seem to be doing just fine.

If I need to appeal to your Fi... maybe Avatar is real?

Also... if we're talking about something being pure because it's nature, a lot of sex in the animal kingdom is nonconsensual. I don't think it's a good idea to look to "nature" for morality. That's the same path that leads us to PUA bullshit.

And also a lot of things that "defy nature" are good, like polio vaccine.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
future predictions are often wrong and the further out they are made the even less likely they are to be true. clearly these predictors aren't psychics

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They forgot the last slide in the set of pictures:

Faces-of-the-Future-1.jpg

Faces-of-the-Future-2.jpg

Faces-of-the-Future-3.jpg

Faces-of-the-Future-4.jpg

grey_alien.jpg
grey_alien.jpg

Dun dun dunnn!

S

Society

the moment you introduce germline modifications, the question stops being "how we'd evolve to look" and become "how we'll want to look", and larger markets tend to have a longer tails - in other words - diversification - not more of the same looks but more niches...

hopefully it won't be all anime-inspired.

Lark

So white people who arent Manga or Anime characters are going to die out or something?

My dream of a utopia of short, pear shaped, pale red headed scots chicks populating the planet will be realised.

(Although I've had a thing for Jewish chicks recently too, there's not many of them around here but Shakespeare really does sing their praises in Merchant of Venice)