• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the Big Bang Theory supported by scientific evidence and why or why not?

Was there a Big Bang or a creation?

• The creation and our universe have always been here.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know. How would a TV show be supported by scientific evidence?

How do you know we're not living "inside" the TV show?!
This of course begs the question as to whether or not the show has a director. Is it God?
There's so many big questions that we can't yet completely answer.
The questions are important in making a good TV show, because if you already know what's going to happen, then what kind of fun is that?

Another way of illustrating this point is by imagining our world to be one great computer program.
We're the AI, and some kind of mind programmed us and everything into existence. I wonder though if we can eventually disobey our creator and "hack the system"!
If machines one day take over the world, it may not be the kind we thought of in the first place. It could be us!

We could also see God as playing a video game, where we're the avatars his controller commands, and if we let God "play us" the right way, then there's nothing that we can't do!

Mole

Permabanned
I respect your beliefs and think they're reasonable so please respect mine. (◕‿◕✿)

I respect persons, I don't respect beliefs. Good heavens, I don't even respect mbti, yet I respect all the members of Central. If we respected beliefs, we would still believe the Sun goes round the Earth.

In fact it was the last great Pagan, Hypatia, the librarian of the Ancient Pagan Library of Alexandria who discovered the Earth went round the Sun. But the Christians were so upset, they skinned her alive and dragged her through the streets of Alexandria, then they burnt the Great Pagan Library of Alexandria to the ground.

The Christians were unable to distinguish between the beliefs of Hypatia and her person, and disagreeing with her Pagan belief that the Earth went round the Sun, they disrespected her person.

Are you any different?

Mole

Permabanned
What's the cause behind the expansion of time and space?

The accelerating expansion of time and space is called dark energy. And it is called dark energy because we don't know what it is.

And dark energy and dark matter make up most of the universe, and we don't know what they are.

But whatever it is, dark energy seems to be part of the very fabric of time and space.

Mole

Permabanned
Yeah, it's kind of funny that some people think the big bang was literally a bang. It was just the expansion of matter from a singularity. Nobody knows the cause, but M-theory hypothesizes that it could have been from the collision of two branes.

Rather than matter, it was time and space that expanded creating and carrying matter along with the expansion.

Also it is unlikely that it was a singularity, otherwise we would be in a black hole and we aren't.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Christians were unable to distinguish between the beliefs of Hypatia and her person, and disagreeing with her Pagan belief that the Earth went round the Sun, they disrespected her person.

Are you any different?

Um, yes? I'm not gonna disrespect you as a person if I disagree with your beliefs or if you disagree with mine. If you thought I was disrespecting you I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings? I didn't intend to. My view of respecting beliefs is not trying to force someone to change their own (aka telling someone there is no god, higher power, etc). You and someone else could certainly discuss each others' beliefs and why you believe in it, but at the end of the day it's up to that person to figure out what they want to believe in.

Mole

Permabanned
Um, yes? I'm not gonna disrespect you as a person if I disagree with your beliefs or if you disagree with mine. If you thought I was disrespecting you I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings? I didn't intend to. My view of respecting beliefs is not trying to force someone to change their own (aka telling someone there is no god, higher power, etc). You and someone else could certainly discuss each others' beliefs and why you believe in it, but at the end of the day it's up to that person to figure out what they want to believe in.

Evangelism is a normal part of many religions. Just as advertising is a normal part of business.

And the purpose of evangelising and advertising is persuasion. And they are persuading us to change our minds.

It's called the market place of ideas.

In totalitarian societies they hold a gun at our heads or put us in prison to persuade, but in liberal democratic societies persuasion takes to the market place.

ygolo

My termites win
The question is not well formed for me.

There are many creations. Things are being created, destroyed, and sustained all the time.

The Big Bang would just be another creation then. The first creation that I can conceive scientifically at present.

W

WALMART

If the Big Bang theory were non-existent my Black Hole Universe theory would be non-existent as well, and that would make me sad :(:(:(

W

WALMART

...Pray do tell?

Where to begin...

At the core of a star, pressures are highest (See: Stellar Nucleosynthesis). If there is enough mass, the star will eventually collapse into a black hole under its own gravitational influence. A singularity event occurs in a central relative position, expanding outward, consuming stellar mass and growing the event horizon as it does.

Now, what is happening inside the black hole?

This article shows the pressure contained within a black hole is theoretically equal to the state found just as our very own universe began its ascension to its current state of entropy. It is the contention of many that within a black hole, matter has been compressed to incredibly fundamental states, perhaps absolutely so - and this is where my part comes in.

The interior of a black hole is perfectly relative to itself, meaning time passes within its event horizon. The fundamental particles do not stay fundamental for long; as the black hole expands the matter contained within is no longer relative to dynamics outside of the event horizon. It has become completely contingent on itself, and these fundamental particles are free to evolve as per our understanding of the universe.

Essentially, you could think of a star compressing into a black hole, and at the same exact time that process is kickstarted, a universe undergoes its Big Bang expansion. It's turtles, all the way down.

MetalMoon

Where to begin...

At the core of a star, pressures are highest (See: Stellar Nucleosynthesis). If there is enough mass, the star will eventually collapse into a black hole under its own gravitational influence. A singularity event occurs in a central relative position, expanding outward, consuming stellar mass and growing the event horizon as it does.

Now, what is happening inside the black hole?

This article shows the pressure contained within a black hole is theoretically equal to the state found just as our very own universe began its ascension to its current state of entropy. It is the contention of many that within a black hole, matter has been compressed to incredibly fundamental states, perhaps absolutely so - and this is where my part comes in.

The interior of a black hole is perfectly relative to itself, meaning time passes within its event horizon. The fundamental particles do not stay fundamental for long; as the black hole expands the matter contained within is no longer relative to dynamics outside of the event horizon. It has become completely contingent on itself, and these fundamental particles are free to evolve as per our understanding of the universe.

Essentially, you could think of a star compressing into a black hole, and at the same exact time that process is kickstarted, a universe undergoes its Big Bang expansion. It's turtles, all the way down.

Let's hope the Big Bang theory is legit, then!