• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Polaroid Mp3 players

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
are they any good, they have 8gb ones at walgreen's for $30 and i need something for the gym, and I'm getting a smart phone in november so I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I'm only gonna need for a few months

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Invest in a decent mp3 player. You don't want to be reliant on your phone as your media player. Smart phones just eat up battery life, even with minimum brightness and wifi turned off

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't have the 200 plus to spend on a quality mp3 player though

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
if you want it just for a while and dont want to spend much, then get it. you arent going to get anything good for the price. what comes to ipod shuffle, my friend has one and no screen really sucks imo, there is some robot voice saying the song names which i find really annoying.. but thats just my preference. but at least that ipod is really small, so its good for gym in that sense

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Invest in a decent mp3 player. You don't want to be reliant on your phone as your media player. Smart phones just eat up battery life, even with minimum brightness and wifi turned off
I use my phone (HTC Evo 3D, and every smartphone I owned before that as well) to listen to music all the time, especially when I am doing work outside for several hours on end, and it barely uses any battery, so I don't know what you're talking about, unless you are thinking you need to leave the screen on all the time. (But why would you when you're just listening to music?) Even when I am using it around the house with my Sennheiser studio headphones it barely uses any more power than when I use earbuds.

Anyways, I don't know anything about Polaroid players, though the [old/defunct] Amazon entries that I came across show that they're reviewed pretty poorly. At that price range I would recommend a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4gb and put your own memory card in it.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa...DKIKX0DER&s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1370102196&sr=1-4

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

:dont: (I've used a ton of polaroid products in the past, none of them were good and all were highly disappointing, even for the price. If it's not a camera, don't touch it.)

However.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/mp3-media-player/gogear-vibe-4gb-sa1vbe04k_17/prd/

I have this one, and I love it. It was cheap, long battery life, plays music, and holds enough at that to have several playlists, and I've used it in hot weather, humid weather, cold weather, and rainy weather and it still has not broken down. It charges relatively quick as well.. and you don't need special software. Just open it like a USB, and throw the music in the file. (It'll try to get you to use software, but don't listen to it. This way is faster.)

I don't know what kind of working out you'll be doing, but it is nice to know that if I get stuck in the rain or something outside that I won't have to worry about ruining my phone with sweaty hands or dropping it accidentally (I do this a ton when running) and stuff.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

:dont: (I've used a ton of polaroid products in the past, none of them were good and all were highly disappointing, even for the price. If it's not a camera, don't touch it.)

However.

I have this one, and I love it. It was cheap, long battery life, plays music, and holds enough at that to have several playlists, and I've used it in hot weather, humid weather, cold weather, and rainy weather and it still has not broken down. It charges relatively quick as well.. and you don't need special software. Just open it like a USB, and throw the music in the file. (It'll try to get you to use software, but don't listen to it. This way is faster.)

I don't know what kind of working out you'll be doing, but it is nice to know that if I get stuck in the rain or something outside that I won't have to worry about ruining my phone with sweaty hands or dropping it accidentally (I do this a ton when running) and stuff.

do you think they'll have this at target or radio shack?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I use my phone (HTC Evo 3D, and every smartphone I owned before that as well) to listen to music all the time, especially when I am doing work outside for several hours on end, and it barely uses any battery, so I don't know what you're talking about, unless you are thinking you need to leave the screen on all the time. (But why would you when you're just listening to music?) Even when I am using it around the house with my Sennheiser studio headphones it barely uses any more power than when I use earbuds.

Anyways, I don't know anything about Polaroid players, though the [old/defunct] Amazon entries that I came across show that they're reviewed pretty poorly. At that price range I would recommend a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4gb and put your own memory card in it.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa...DKIKX0DER&s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1370102196&sr=1-4

You must be fortunate, because my smartphone barely lasts a day (2 if I don't touch it much) with just normal usage. Throwing in an mp3 would drain it completely. Most of the people I know have similar complaints with theirs

If I were going for the cheap and cheerful option I'd get a Kube. Mine cost €20 2 years ago and you just load it up like a micro SD card and go. It's like an iPod shuffle (the lack of screen admittedly is annoying) but not Apple, therefore awesome. It's a 1 inch cube, which is super cute. I used mine for a few months before splurging on a Creative Zen and was pretty happy with it :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
do you think they'll have this at target or radio shack?

I got mine from best buy. If they don't have the exact model, a similar one will be about the same, so I'd try there since I know they carry the brand/style. It is a bit more than $30 if I recall, but not by much and definitely worth spending an extra $10 for something that works.

I seriously cannot stress how bad polaroid MP3 players can be. I haven't had a single good one yet.

If I were going for the cheap and cheerful option I'd get a Kube. Mine cost €20 2 years ago and you just load it up like a micro SD card and go. It's like an iPod shuffle (the lack of screen admittedly is annoying) but not Apple, therefore awesome. It's a 1 inch cube, which is super cute. I used mine for a few months before splurging on a Creative Zen and was pretty happy with it :)

You know, I had a mobiblu cube for the LONGEST time and I absolutely loved and adored that thing to death. It was light weight, perfect, teeny tiny, and worked just as you said USB style with folders becoming the very playlists (something no MP3 player has matched for some reason) and it just plain rocked.

http://www.amazon.com/mobiBLU-DAH-1500i-Digital-Audio-Player/dp/B000DZH3VQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_1

Unfortunately, it lacks in affordability since even a 1GB model still costs way more than 1GB of ANYTHING is worth now-a-days. And it is literally impossible to find in a physical store. I haven't tried any knock-off models of it yet, but I remember really liking it. It came with headphones I could wear as a necklace.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I got mine off Thinkgeek but it seems they don't stock them anymore. Shame because it was cheap as chips and expandable up to 16gb. Very neat too, which I loved. I still have it somewhere actually

W

WALMART

You can get an older ipod or zune for pretty cheap. They've got incredibly utility and are built like tanks, I'd look into that, if you can afford to dish out a little bit extra....

You know the saying, buy once cry once.