• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Google Glass...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Google's latest project might be released to the market by the end of the year, at a cost of less than $1500.

And I must say, I think it will look very nice on me when paired with my Bluetooth earpiece.

KDude

All of their products are useless to me, I think. They're too attached to the Google "ecosystem"..

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With new technology comes new bugs. I think it's wiser to wait.

netzealot

redundant descriptor
MBTI Type
ISTP
It occured to me today that this product will probably not be a huge success, considering that people are still reluctant to wear bluetooth earpieces because well, wearing one in any place but your car is considered "douchey"... not my choice of word.

This on the other hand, is far more intrusive. Although I want it to work (I even submitted an idea to #ifIhadglass whch expires 2/27/2013 by the way) I'm thinking it probably will not.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, sometimes I wear my Bluetooth solely because it makes me look important...and because when people see it, they'll think I'm talking to somebody when I'm actually talking to myself.

Cryonium

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4/9
Thats 2 much 4 glasses! But they are indeed interesting, seemingly exhilerating and intricate!

netzealot

redundant descriptor
MBTI Type
ISTP
Actually, sometimes I wear my Bluetooth solely because it makes me look important...and because when people see it, they'll think I'm talking to somebody when I'm actually talking to myself.

That's how bluetooth got its bad reputation. u b trollin'?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
So this is a 'heads-up' display for smart phones, essentially, at least that what I see when I watch the promo video for it, completely with a bubbly, major key soundtrack and other accoutrement of the modern marketplace and advertising.
I think it’s an interesting piece of technology, one that will be seen, in the long term, as pioneering in the quest toward a full cybernetic\human interface. In the shirt term, I see it as another way to market the culture of places like Facebook, with its focus on the immediate, the superficial, on status and activities well suited to extroversion, and all socially codified in such a way that makes it all seem natural and necessary.

but it still might be useful in other ways too. I'd try it out.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Haha.

"I am contributing to this thread."

Within

Permabanned
They've already started to ban it at public places, at this rate you'll have fun using it at home.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
When you're doing something that you have to pay attention to, it's time to put that other shit down or leave it at home - not put it on your glasses.