• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of printer do you have?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At home? At work? And what do you think of it?

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't use a printer at work... At home I have an Epson Artisan 837. It's an all-in-one that prints pretty decent photos. I got it so I could print my own photos out for family and friends. It's not too bad for everyday printing either. The scanning feature is nice, as is the copying feature. I've never put the fax to use. It was also really easy to setup on my wireless network. I've been pretty happy with it!

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Samsung black&white laser multifunction at home... SCX-4623FW (not sold anymore, but samsung's product page is http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersProduct.do?prd_mdl_name=SCX-4623FW )
Love it. I think it was $150 at Micro Center a couple years back, on clearance. I have it attached to our home network via WiFi with encryption, once in a blue moon it flakes out (we don't use it that often anyhow) and I have to power off/power it back on, but most of the time it reliably scans & prints over the network on demand. It has an ADF (auto document feeder for scanning) which works well, and the paper tray only takes Letter size (8.5x11") but it has a manual feed in the front that works well.

Has fax features too, never used them. Had it hooked up to our phone line for kicks and once in a while it'd try to auto-answer an incoming call like it thought a fax was coming in. I thought I'd set it up not to do that, but it annoyed my wife a few times so I disconnected its phone wire. Probably best to keep it on a dedicated fax line or plug it up once in a while (if you need it for that at all).

At work we have a gadzillion different types, I've never paid much attention to the models, they just kinda work...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't. I left mine behind once in a move, and never found an important enough reason to replace it. On the very odd chances I actually need a hardcopy of something, I just go to a copy shop. That happens rarely more than once every couple of months, and it's always stuff that could've been avoided if the 2nd party wasn't woefully stone aged.

G

garbage

HP DeskJet F380 all-in-one
c00603808.jpg

I got it free.

With one of those convertible tablet laptops. From 2007. With Windows Vista on it. How shitty that thing was.

I do a lot more scanning than printing, and it works well for both.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
HP color laserjet 3600dn duplexer (at work). I really like this thing. It makes good documents and seems to be trouble free, which is good because I use it a lot.

Cartridges are expensive though.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
HP color laserjet 8600 Pro. It's technically my father's printer, but we went in 50/50 on it. It's a pretty good machine, I liked its predecessor as well .. we got it in sale years and years back and got this one this year when it crapped out on us finally.

tec73_officejet_pro_8600e-w=308.png

For my scanner though I use a Neat Machine. I actually really, really like that thing and its software.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i thought there was some sort of sarcastic sub-tone to this but..... no. then i saw an ISFJ had created the title and.....ok. ......leaves thread........

Lark

For a moment I read that and thought it said what kind of primer do you have and thought it was about philosophical and political primers or first principles :laugh:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Samsung black&white laser multifunction at home... SCX-4623FW (not sold anymore, but samsung's product page is http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersProduct.do?prd_mdl_name=SCX-4623FW )
Love it. I think it was $150 at Micro Center a couple years back, on clearance. I have it attached to our home network via WiFi with encryption, once in a blue moon it flakes out (we don't use it that often anyhow) and I have to power off/power it back on, but most of the time it reliably scans & prints over the network on demand. It has an ADF (auto document feeder for scanning) which works well, and the paper tray only takes Letter size (8.5x11") but it has a manual feed in the front that works well.

Has fax features too, never used them. Had it hooked up to our phone line for kicks and once in a while it'd try to auto-answer an incoming call like it thought a fax was coming in. I thought I'd set it up not to do that, but it annoyed my wife a few times so I disconnected its phone wire. Probably best to keep it on a dedicated fax line or plug it up once in a while (if you need it for that at all).

At work we have a gadzillion different types, I've never paid much attention to the models, they just kinda work...
MicroCenter! -I love that place :D. On Memorial Drive? I bought a MocroTec scanner there one time. Best scanner I've ever had!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Saweet! I was just talking with a friend about printing from an ipad. I imagine wireless printing is really a nice feature to have. Have you tried doing that yet?

Not yet, it's still in the box but my old printer (the one that broke) was wireless and it's a really nice feature.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Woah! Two pages about printers? This topic is certainly...er...interesting.

I'm reminded of this video.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Home: HP Photosmart C4480

Work: Some kind of Dell model. Have no idea on specific model #

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dell V715w and HP Photosmart 110.
We had the latter one first, but it is very problematic (keeps jamming, etc), so we got the other one, but that one we cannot connect to my wife's three Apple devices. (Never tried to print from my Androids, I just move whatever files to the PC).