• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

laptop

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
would anyone know why my laptop would just stop working?

I used it last night and shut it down with no problems, my son wanted to play a game on it this morning and it wouldn't boot up.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
did you try taking the battery out and putting it back in? mine gets loose sometimes.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
it has a powersupply... right now I am running a primary hard disk self test on it

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
maybe.....

it ran the diagnostic and all was good... but when I went to restart it said it needed to repair and *sigh* it crashed during the repair and it won't start... the thing is that it has a cooling fan under it.... UGH It's not even a year old

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
at what point does it go wrong during boot ? I might be able to help out if you're a little more specific.
sounds like a software issue, since the hardware diagnostics turn out ok.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I was called today, my lap top is ready to be picked up, I am at my moms so i won't get it till sat. Apparently it was a system card that needed to be replaced... so not sure what that is. Anyway all I need to do is find all my files again, they dumped my hard drive and then dumped it back to my desk top .... *sigh*

:coffee:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
At least it's fixable. Are you a responsible person who actually backs up? I think I've only met a handful of those, I really need to start backing up. Yeah, computers can be frustrating especially it seems like for me my computer tends to break right after the warranty is up. Did you have to pay anything? or was it all free?