• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Ouya gaming console.....

KDude

A fail, just for the name alone. Although everything else is fine. An android console is no worse off than others. Consoles live or die by branding and marketing though. Tech is more or less equalized across the board.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends on the quality of the games. I'm with what [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] said, though. Tech is more or less equalized (well, except for the Wii and now the Wii U). I got really aggravated by all the 360 vs. PS3 hardware bickering when in actuality, they ran on the more or less the same level of GPU and CPU. But the PS3 did have the advantage of blu-ray, while the 360 had the advantage of having better exclusive games.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends on the quality of the games. I'm with what [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] said, though. Tech is more or less equalized (well, except for the Wii and now the Wii U). I got really aggravated by all the 360 vs. PS3 hardware bickering when in actuality, they ran on the more or less the same level of GPU and CPU. But the PS3 did have the advantage of blu-ray, while the 360 had the advantage of having better exclusive games.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I might be interested in it if we are all still here by that time, with the sky falling and all that.

KDude

I might be interested in it if we are all still here by that time, with the sky falling and all that.

Eh? Just when I thought all the apocalyptic Mayan zombie rapture obsession was finally over, and humanity could finally start fixating on progress and peace... now there's something new? :\

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Eh? Just when I thought all the apocalyptic Mayan zombie rapture obsession was finally over, and humanity could finally start fixating on progress and peace... now there's something new? :\

Eh, the dollar is supposed to be about to collapse unrecoverably leading to a global crisis and rioting and blah blah blah....

Frankly I don't believe it, I was just being sarcastic when I mentioned that.

It's funny how people will keep going though (except the totally certified ones....)

It's like "well, the world is ending but I've still got my routine to do."

KDude

Yeah, I never understood the whole going about daily routine thing either. When I'm in a state of unrest and truly see warning signs, I bunker down, or shut down literally until the smoke clears so I can make a decent decision. But I can't go about routine at the very least.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm too much of a PC guy, which is a shame since there's not much market for PC games so games that end up on PC are originally developped on console systems and usually have bad ports or console like gameplay.

KDude

There are still a lot of good PC games, but I guess it's just become more niche. If something can be done on a console, even poorly, then the console iteration will take precedent (like in the case of shooters). The games that simply can't be done right on a console are now the bread and butter of PC gaming. Real time strategy and mmorpgs especially. As long as console versions of those type of games keep sucking ass, the PC market will live.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Bust.

It's a nice idea in theory, but execution is another thing entirely.

Most Android games are designed specifically for a tablet interface and touch screens. Its the crux of the operating system. They will probably get a few developers behind this, but I don't see many companies getting behind this long term. Exclusives are going to be near non-existant - its an unproven platform with no actual customer support as of yet.

Anyway, the game you get will largely be inferior alternatives to console titles. What works on a touch screen and what works with a controller are two very different things. Why would you want to play a poorly realised first person shooter with limited playtime and a miniscule amount of content when you could be playing the real deal?

This will sink like the Titanic.