• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

evil demon personality traits linking to beautiful people

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
People With Dark Personalities Tend to Create a Physically Attractive Veneer
Which personality traits are associated with physical attractiveness? Recent findings suggest that people high in some dark personality traits, such as narcissism and psychopathy, can be physically attractive. But what makes them attractive? Studies have confounded the more enduring qualities that impact attractiveness (i.e., unadorned attractiveness) and the effects of easily manipulated qualities such as clothing (i.e., effective adornment). In this multimethod study, we disentangle these components of attractiveness, collect self-reports and peer reports of eight major personality traits, and reveal the personality profile of people who adorn themselves effectively. Consistent with findings that dark personalities actively create positive first impressions, we found that the composite of the Dark Triad—Machiavellianism, narcissism, and psychopathy—correlates with effective adornment. This effect was also evident for psychopathy measured alone. This study provides the first experimental evidence that dark personalities construct appearances that act as social lures—possibly facilitating their cunning social strategies.

http://spp.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/10/02/1948550612461284.abstract?rss=1

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Im certainly an evil man. Actually the title is misleading, the article is about creating an attractive veneer. Not necessarily someone being beautiful in the conventional sense of natural physical beauty, although this could just be my misunderstanding.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dress in clothing soaked in rotten eggs. You'll be a good person.

Jaguar is right, I've done this for years and I am as good as good gets. :cheese:

:solidarity:

-Alex

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Im certainly an evil man. Actually the title is misleading, the article is about creating an attractive veneer. Not necessarily someone being beautiful in the conventional sense of natural physical beauty, although this could just be my misunderstanding.

no, you are right and also effective at getting in that first impression

wondering if these are the same people who are the "social climbers"

Nicki

Retired
So next time, be wary of that well-dressed man nearby. He could be a serial killer in the making.

Lark

no, you are right and also effective at getting in that first impression

wondering if these are the same people who are the "social climbers"

Superficial and facial personalities are easily spotted? Great stuff, anyway, I go with Erich Fromm's social character analysis and ask whether or not the marketing personality is a product of narcissism etc. or if narcissism etc. are products of the marketing personality. In any case they are products of the cultural underpinnings of capitalism.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
people who are interested in creating good impressions might be scheming bastards who have nothing but that image, or they might be people who recognize the value that a good first impression makes but have a basis of ethics that guide what they do with that first impression.

also, some people are good at choosing things that look good, others aren't, there is that whole NT stereotype of being really disheveled and wearing mismatching socks that we've all heard...what does that say (nothing, imo).

i think a lot of movies cast female villains as vamps, wearing especially provocative clothing. i don't know what that suggests.

basically, i have some ideas but no analysis, y'all can pick at it if ya want.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
but basically i think the idea is accurate. any good narcissist knows ya gotta have the hottest sneakers and 26 inch chrome.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
but basically i think the idea is accurate. any good narcissist knows ya gotta have the hottest sneakers and 26 inch chrome.

noooo!!! that means that the ice cream truck driver in my neighborhood is a narcissist! :boohoo:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
noooo!!! that means that the ice cream truck driver in my neighborhood is a narcissist! :boohoo:

Probably other stuff too. Ice cream truck drivers are more scary than clowns. Killer clowns from outer space, even.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
So, narcissists are well dressed. Next?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
So, narcissists are well dressed. Next?

Next the Cao Cao humiliation conga. Cao Cao is retreating and trying to escape, and when he comes to a fork in the road, he sees smoke down one path. He decides that the enemy forces will not let the smoke of their campfires give away their position, and that this must be a decoy, and that they knew that Cao Cao knew that they would not give away their position so the clear path must be an ambush.

So, Cao Cao takes the path with smoke, and gets ambushed, because they were there. They knew that Cao Cao would think that they would not give away their real position so they set the ambush on the path with smoke since Cao Cao will believe he is being tricked when it's actually the truth.