• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Samsung Galaxy SIII

G

Glycerine

I think Samsung shot that rumour down via twitter. Interestingly, Samsung is going to make a phone for the windows os, Samsung Ativ S. Their nemesis is apple (although Apple was one of Samsung's biggest customers for chip technology).

Haha sorry, I have been researching a lot to figure out what phone I want to get.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would buy a Galaxy SIII had I not bought a Nokia Lumia 900 - but it's stunning to use so I'm going to stick to it.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't tried windows 8 but I've tried 7.5.

I thought the tiles thing was pretty neat and the zune player was nice... until I found out I couldn't change the background color of tile screen. It was like I was stuck with those tiles.

That, and the tiles' color options for purple seems so half-assed. It's like a light lilac which I hate.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dunno about the Galaxy Note II but a coworker looked at the Galaxy Note 10.1 and he was thoroughly impressed (particularly with the stylus use, and the "palm recognition"). He's saving up some cash to get one soon.

I didn't even realize the Galaxy Note 2 was a phone :laugh:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dunno about the Galaxy Note II but a coworker looked at the Galaxy Note 10.1 and he was thoroughly impressed (particularly with the stylus use, and the "palm recognition"). He's saving up some cash to get one soon.

I didn't even realize the Galaxy Note 2 was a phone :laugh:

lol but the Galaxy Note 2 is beater! 2GB RAM + Quadcore *drool*

The screen is too big though.

G

garbage

How does this thing compare to a Samsung Galaxy SII? Should I throw out my old piece of shit and pick one of these up right away?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
So I am seriously contemplating getting one and I have read many reviews on the phone along with speculative reviews on IPhone 5. Any thoughts or experiences with the phone?

I've had my S3 for about six weeks and I absolutely love it.

It's hard for me to describe why it's so much better than my previous android phone. Perhaps it's that it comes loaded with the latest Android operating system and that os is a serious improvement on its predecessors. Perhaps it's the big, beautiful screen while at the same time being very thin and easy to handle. The screen really makes a world of difference. Perhaps it's the great battery life and crystal clear reception.

I've never had an iPhone, but I used Apple products for years. Apple puts out very good products, but there is something about their "you must do it the official apple" way that really bugs me. This is more than an ideological difference. It's about how I can't customize my apple product and do everything I want to do with it in the way I can with a non-apple product.

I really recommend my S3.

Why don't you get an S3 and try it out for a week or so? Then if you don't like it you can bring it back and switch out for an iPhone.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
an example of iphone folk:

would you really want to be like her?

G

Glycerine

That's just a dense person. The IOS vs. android flame wars are beyond ridiculous. Both sides are idiotic. IOS is solid but is becoming stale. Also, the build is actually pretty nice. Saying that, I want to jump ship to try android and Apple is going to screw itxelf over with the overzealous lawsuits to stomp out the competition.They are doing a great job turning off potential customers lately.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's just a dense person. The IOS vs. android flame wars are beyond ridiculous. Both sides are idiotic. IOS is solid but is becoming stale. Also, the build is actually pretty nice. Saying that, I want to jump ship to try android and Apple is going to screw itxelf over with the overzealous lawsuits to stomp out the competition.They are doing a great job turning off potential customers lately.

Yeah, but then the lawsuit got me thinking "Samsung's just another knockoff. And the fact that it's called "Samsung"."

G

Glycerine

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out. Apple is trying to get Samsung mobile products in multiple countries and Samsung is trying get the iphone 5 banned. I doubt much is going to happen.

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It will be interesting to see how it all turns out. Apple is trying to get Samsung mobile products in multiple countries and Samsung is trying get the iphone 5 banned. I doubt much is going to happen.
Aside from lining the pockets of many lawyers and wasting tons of time, yes. Everyone should just stop suing each other and focus on making better products.

G

Glycerine

So basically, I had my pick of whatever phone I wanted for my birthday/Christmas but I opted not to upgrade until next year. My iphone 4 still works great and it looks like Android is just going to keep getting better.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The sensible option.... Plus window-shopping for that next phone for the next few months will prolong the fun!

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Old thread but I must say . . .

Screenshot_2013-05-08-06-09-54.jpg

Huge phone though. Handwriting this post.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a Galaxy S III with Sprint. I'm overall satisfied with it and the service from Sprint, though sometimes the data connection gets lost, but restarting the phone usually clears that right up. I haven't seen a Galaxy S IV yet, how much bigger is it? Because with the protective cover I have attached to my current phone, it really tests the limits of my pocket.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dunno, the S4 isn't out on Verizon until the end of the month but I won't be getting it... I just bought my Note II this sunday :D

If the S3 barely fits in your pocket, don't even think about a Note series phone. It tests the usable limits of my pockets and I am pretty big. Absolutely love the phone though. Gorgeous AMOLED screen, big enough that you can actually watch videos, I can even read detailed technical manuals without zooming at all if I hold the phone pretty close to my eyes.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just looked at the dimensions. A lot smaller than I thought it would be...just 0.1 inches wider.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, I like my phone. It keeps me from getting bored, but you know what I can't stand? Sitting next to someone who rambles on about how often he dropped his phone and never broke and his repertoire of previous phones handed down from his friends and phones he handed down to his. No one cares.

People who ramble about trains are more interesting.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know, I like my phone. It keeps me from getting bored, but you know what I can't stand? Sitting next to someone who rambles on about how often he dropped his phone and never broke and his repertoire of previous phones handed down from his friends and phones he handed down to his. No one cares.

People who ramble about trains are more interesting.