• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Perfectly Pickled Brain Preserved in a Swamp

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Its a really awesome discovery... Im not quite sure how it helps the future, but getting to glimpse at things from the past is always awesome.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So... the rest of the flesh rotted away, but the brain stayed intact? Huh, interesting.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So... the rest of the flesh rotted away, but the brain stayed intact? Huh, interesting.

That would be quite the coincidence. That's why I think the brain itself was thrown into the swamp.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would be quite the coincidence. That's why I think the brain itself was thrown into the swamp.

A 2,684-year-old human skull was recently found in Yorkshire. It contained an "exceptionally preserved" human brain, which is pictured above for all your pickled-brain pleasures.

This made me think that just the brain survived, or else I'd think they would say head, not skull. The whole thing is kind interesting, and I'm with Kyuuei here, I really wonder what we can learn from this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This made me think that just the brain survived, or else I'd think they would say head, not skull. The whole thing is kind interesting, and I'm with Kyuuei here, I really wonder what we can learn from this.

So you're saying the OP is wrong? Ok.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you're saying the OP is wrong? Ok.

I'm just going off of what I read in the article. :shrug:

Plus, I doubt they would know there was damage to the neck vertebrae if they only found the brain.