• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Locked Laptop.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You didn't say if you tried "oreo" as the password.

:laugh: I did, actually. I wouldn't have been surprised if it'd worked.

For the general thread-- I'm totally ok with wiping this laptop, by the way. There's no data anyone needs or wants to save on it. I haven't tried anything with it yet, but it's awesome people have given me a ton of input to refer back to when I do. It's not a life or death thing- just something I keep meaning to take care of amidst other somethings.
Thanks!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-update-

I'm an asshole for making this thread.
I just figured out through messing around on my own, randomly, how to just restore the laptop to its factory settings, by mashing some F-# buttons before Windows started up.

So, no more password issue. And no need to clean out any old junk.. it's already done.
[It's still Windows Vista, but eh, what can ya do].

I probably couldn't articulate to anyone how I worked that out [yes, I am aware it's likely disgustingly simple to most people].. that always seems to be the outcome when I'm wandering the mystical world of technogadgetry. I just stumble around and sort of.. guess at shit.. I guess. Eventually some path leads to the promised land.

Thanks anyway to you people who posted instructions.. Sorry I didn't come back here to look them over when I got it in my head I'd like to make this thing work. Just sort of hyperfocused on digging around. :doh:

..BUT I FIXED IT!

*proud* :happy:

:edit: Ok, this is what I did.. in case anyone else wants to quickly wipe Windows Vista clean to get around a password, & doesn't have any of the discs or documentation onhand.

-Restart laptop & press F11 before Windows loads.
-select Recovery Manager.
-select Advanced Options.
-select System Recovery, & then Next.
-follow prompts [they take care of the rest].
-PROFIT.

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:static: Seriously, nothing is more satisfying than figuring how to fix or create something you have no experience with on your own. :) Now, you'll start to get really adventurous and try fixing other problems.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:static: Seriously, nothing is more satisfying than figuring how to fix or create something you have no experience with on your own. :) Now, you'll start to get really adventurous and try fixing other problems.

Hah, it's awesome, but at the same time.. it's like when math or all the streets in Boston started to make sense to me.. my sworn enemy.. I get this sinking feeling I'm surrendering or something.

I DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU, NEMESIS!

:blink:

..maybe I just need a nap.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an asshole for making this thread.
I just figured out through messing around on my own, randomly, how to just restore the laptop to its factory settings, by mashing some F-# buttons before Windows started up.

So, no more password issue. And no need to clean out any old junk.. it's already done.
[It's still Windows Vista, but eh, what can ya do].

I probably couldn't articulate to anyone how I worked that out [yes, I am aware it's likely disgustingly simple to most people].. that always seems to be the outcome when I'm wandering the mystical world of technogadgetry. I just stumble around and sort of.. guess at shit.. I guess. Eventually some path leads to the promised land.

Thanks anyway to you people who posted instructions.. Sorry I didn't come back here to look them over when I got it in my head I'd like to make this thing work. Just sort of hyperfocused on digging around. :doh:

..BUT I FIXED IT!

*proud* :happy:

:edit: Ok, this is what I did.. in case anyone else wants to quickly wipe Windows Vista clean to get around a password, & doesn't have any of the discs or documentation onhand.

-Restart laptop & press F11 before Windows loads.
-select Recovery Manager.
-select Advanced Options.
-select System Recovery, & then Next.
-follow prompts [they take care of the rest].
-PROFIT.

I have three computers sitting behind me right now, if you'd like to take a crack at those too.