• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help. Explorer is driving me nuts re Certificates

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG, how do I make Internet Explorer stop putting messages across the bottom of my screen telling me it "has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors"? It's driving me mad.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Simple solution: Mozilla Firefox.

Permabanned
Simple solution: Mozilla Firefox.

FF has become too sluggish. I still have it, along with opera, but mostly use google chrome now. It's handy for sync with the cloud so you can have your bookmarks and plugins sync on any computer, if you happen to use more than one.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FF has become too sluggish. I still have it, along with opera, but mostly use google chrome now. It's handy for sync with the cloud so you can have your bookmarks and plugins sync on any computer, if you happen to use more than one.

I use Explorer, too, actually. I just offered the same solution other people offer me when I have an internet complaint. :laugh:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had completely converted to Firefox but it has slowed to a crawl.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
go with chrome. firefox sucks. often!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Google chrome hasn't let me down yet.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I changed the settings as Phobik's article suggested, and now it gives a message saying my settings are putting my computer at risk instead of a message saying blah blah certificate. :)
I will try Chrome.
Thanks.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What websites are you hitting with problem certificates? At medium security risk I rarely get any popups like that.

I found on my old computer that IE is sluggish but Chrome works well.