• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

LED Bulbs are Taking the Lime Light

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah; I'm switching to them, as my CFL's go out. (Have about seven, so far). They're also installing them in subway tunnels.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The city of Seattle is slowly changing all of the street light from high pressure soduim (HPS) to LED because they're much more energy efficient. Some people have complained that they don't like the light as much. It appears more blue, less yellow than HPS.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I,ve seen one block of LED street lights in NYC. I had heard of them beginning to test them, and this must be part of it. The fixtures look funny, being so long and skinny.

The big river bridges are receiving LED's on the span as well, and there have been some on the ceiling of one or two of the Brooklyn Bridge approach roadway overpasses for years.