• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Car Thread

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
SH-POTY11B-001.jpg

Gorgeous.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's not a Model T... That's quite obviously based on a '32 Ford Model 18 or Model B.

The grill is from a 32 ford, the body is a model t roadster.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
can't say i love cars. never pay attention to them. did when i was a kid though. loved most of my my matchbox cars and tv cars like the fall guy's GMC truck or knight rider/kitt or the duke's orange 69 dodge or hardcastle & mccormick's coyote, mad max' interceptor, ghost buster's ecto-1, and all american cars in the old police car shape with a long falling/slanted rear ...

these are the only car images i found on my hard disk:

2012-04-14_020455.jpg

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I was going to go the kit car route, I'd definitely pursue fun over flashy.

I would love to get something like this:

2008-caterham-r500.jpg

9080411.013.1M.jpg
A Caterham! Smashing! :thumbup: The R500 has an obscene power-to-weight ratio. :rock:

A

A window to the soul

2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 w/Shaker hood. :heart:

[YOUTUBE="QgaieGtz4rM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaieGtz4rM[/YOUTUBE]

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And there is, of course, the BMW I8 concept car featured in Mission: Impossible 4, which, in most shots, was replaced with a CG replica after it broke down (German efficiency at work):

Mission-Impossible-BMW-I8-And-BMW-6-Series-Convertible-800x600.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've put 63,000 miles on this over the last four years. I think I've settled on this as the car that I'm going to get/have from now on. It is just amazing to drive. I guy I know at work who has had one of these and a Cayman says the Cayman handles better but the interior is too darn small for me. The 911 just feels more substantial.

photo.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
^ I've heard that about the cayman myself.

I feel what you're saying about the space issue, but I think I would go with the Cayman myself, although I'm not a huge Porsche guy.

Anyway apropos of nothing:
[YOUTUBE="y9hSDWvoZjk"]Car Mouth[/YOUTUBE]
This guy is part of a racing team based where I went to college.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I've heard that about the cayman myself.

I feel what you're saying about the space issue, but I think I would go with the Cayman myself, although I'm not a huge Porsche guy.

This guy is part of a racing team based where I went to college.

I wasn't one either till I drove one.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love classic cars...always been fond of bentleys. Would also love a futuristic car... one that can turn into a boat and can fly...and that talks to me.

(It did happen, pics later)

KDude

My first car.. a 1980 Ford Futura. The random, generic car.

22309940003_large.jpg

You know why? Because I could rag it out, without any worries. I even left one of these on side of the road.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My first car.. a 1980 Ford Futura. The random, generic car.

22309940003_large.jpg

You know why? Because I could rag it out, without any worries. I even left one of these on side of the road.
My best friend told me that 20+ years ago there was a guy who lived near him who had a white 1976-77 Chevy Nova sedan, which was one of the most bland cars around. The guy removed all the trim, hubcaps, and badges and then put a big bar code on the trunk and big black letters on each side that said "CAR".

He turned it into a generic car. :rofl1:

Mole

Permabanned
Two Car Shows

I've just walked through the front lawns of Old Parliament House showing exactly the same cars shown below.

So on one side of the world we have a car show and on the other side we have the identical car show.

Ingrid in grids

I don't know much about cars, really. However there are two general types I like.

1. Peugeots (I drive a Peugeot 307 which looks exactly like this one):
peugeot_307.jpg

2. Brum
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZOGVoXLx_Q&feature=related"]Brum[/YOUTUBE]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
audi-e-tron.jpg

308 bhp
cruising range: 154 mi fully electric and after that electric and combustion up to 400 mi
torque: 3,319 lbf·ft
0 - 60 mph in 4.8 seconds
combined consumption: 105 mpg

:thumbup:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's the video I made of my 2010 Mustang GT. My 1997 Mustang GT is in the background.

[YOUTUBE="5akiXFgFNxk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5akiXFgFNxk[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome. Somehow, I didn't envision that being the kind of music you'd like.

Always loved the sound of that engine.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Neil Peart understands. :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVGhqvl_8A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVGhqvl_8A[/YOUTUBE]

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's the video I made of my 2010 Mustang GT. My 1997 Mustang GT is in the background.

[YOUTUBE="5akiXFgFNxk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5akiXFgFNxk[/YOUTUBE]

[MENTION=8543]Nerd Girl[/MENTION], you're so talented with your mechanical inclination. :)