• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Calling Computer Super Genuises and those Who do Tiny Chat

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hai gaiz, I haz some ideaz.

Okay, seriously.

Idea 1

Get some super nerdy INTx's to build Typology Central our own chat site, without bloody ads. We could even do donations. It also shouldn't be completely open to anyone on Type C, so that we can avoid having awkward stuff happen. No Chat Roulette.

Idea 2

Whenever we actually do Tiny, might it be a wiser idea to use multiple rooms and just do split screen? Then we don't have to be the Brady Bunch everytime. That is the minor idea.

93JC

1) Most of the ads aren't that bad and it would probably require significantly more funding than you think it would to have someone design a video chatting website exclusively for the use of TypologyCentral. Tinychat works pretty well as-is in that respect, especially considering it's totally free.

As for limiting access to certain TypologyCentral members it seems most people don't really care for any controls or moderation whatsoever. In the past the tinychat room that most of us used required a password, for example. legerdemain moderated it a little, booting out people who weren't clearly from TypologyCentral. In the end another room was created with no password and no controls at all, presumably because people got sick of the password and tiny little bit of moderation.

2) There's really nothing stopping you or anyone else from making their own tinychat room and only inviting a handful of people to participate.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Most of the ads aren't that bad and it would probably require significantly more funding than you think it would to have someone design a video chatting website exclusively for the use of TypologyCentral. Tinychat works pretty well as-is in that respect, especially considering it's totally free.

Well, it is a pain, and makes computers lag, and kicks people out randomly. And refuses to find microphones at times.

As for limiting access to certain TypologyCentral members it seems most people don't really care for any controls or moderation whatsoever. In the past the tinychat room that most of us used required a password, for example. legerdemain moderated it a little, booting out people who weren't clearly from TypologyCentral. In the end another room was created with no password and no controls at all, presumably because people got sick of the password and tiny little bit of moderation.

Just another idea.

2) There's really nothing stopping you or anyone else from making their own tinychat room and only inviting a handful of people to participate.

It was just an idea for when we all want to talk at once. I'm not complaining.

93JC

In my experience it's the video feeds that make computers lag, not the ads. The only ads I've ever had a problem with are the ones with audio, randomly congratulating me for having won something. And I didn't know anyone used the tinychat audio at all.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Adblock Plus for Chrome or Firefox solves the ad problem.

Make sure Flash is updated for smooth computing.

Also depends how old/good your computer is. And if you're using Internet Explorer, you're an idiot.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Getting a non ad chat site up is as easy as tossing up a canned PHP app onto the server. Not that I'm volunteering. I wouldn't do that. :)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sheesh, I thought NTs liked a challenge. However, I'll take the tips with me. I'm not the only one who has experienced lag from Tiny. And yes, I am using Chrome.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We could consider using a different platform if tiny is causing problems and the DIY approach is out. What about Google plus? I havent tried it, but it might be something to consider.

this site does need a chat

Most people use vent to that end.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We could consider using a different platform if tiny is causing problems and the DIY approach is out. What about Google plus? I havent tried it, but it might be something to consider.

I'll look into Google Plus. I had thought of it earlier but forgot about it. Good idea.

I like it. I made my name First: Antimony Last: Type C.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Google plus doesn't like that. Looks like you'd have to create a gmail with false info.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Computers are interesting because the old laws of the system can be destroyed and new laws can be programmed to create a new system, a new order!