• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Program to extract files from a CD so that I can email to a friend

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you need to send a lot of large files at a time...is that the issue? if so you can use dropbox or sendspace. if you just need to do a few you should be able to just copy to the desktop with whatever operating system you're running.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Audio CDs? If its a regular data CD you can just attach them in an email. Choose attach and when the browse popup appears choose your CD ROM drive, select the file and hit attach or open. Larger files you could upload to google docs and share them with a friend.

Windows Media Player will rip audio CDs to MP3. I will leave the legality of that up to you though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is there a file limit on google docs? could you do lots and lots of large file images..??

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
is there a file limit on google docs? could you do lots and lots of large file images..??

Direct quote from google docs website
Other files:

Files that you upload but don’t convert to Google Docs format can be up to 10GB each.

This upload limit is larger than the free storage space given to each Google Docs user. Every user is given 1GB of free storage space for files, and can purchase additional Google Docs storage to upload larger files.

A

Anew Leaf

Thanks you guys!

Yes, it is an audio CD so the files are pretty big. It's just been a long time since I had to do something like this so I know I look like a giant noobie, haha!

Edit: Thank you for the google docs idea... going to see if he has a gmail account... :heart:

A

Anew Leaf

:doh:

Ok, So I am a giant idiot. I just discovered in my windows media player that I can rip the CD into mp3 format.

In my defense I have been an Apple baby sucking at the teat of itunes for a long time now.

/Shames the ENTP race with this thread.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Nice thing about google docs is that people don't need accounts to access the uploaded files. You can just upload something and create a private link, which lets anyone with the link download it.

I use it at work if people are too retarded to figure out FTP.

A

Anew Leaf

Nice thing about google docs is that people don't need accounts to access the uploaded files. You can just upload something and create a private link, which lets anyone with the link download it.

I use it at work if people are too retarded to figure out FTP.

Thank you again! I was not aware of that. It's a great tip to know.